#25 Jake Stringer (Part 1)

Well clearly he has committed to staying here, i believe that he’s a changed man

1 Like

Jake knows Skipworth is da man.

1 Like

Go watch some of his pre draft videos, not confident in front of the camera but trying to be.

1 Like

Judging by that interview, Jake is down on confidence and clearly his ego has taken a massive hit. His eyes were downcast, his brow furrowed, his tone muted.

I was interested that others have similar views.

I think he needs to recover some of his edge over the pre-season and then let his footy do the talking.

1 Like

All aboard the Jake Stringer Hype Train

5 Likes

you’re a brony?

BAN

1 Like

Everyone is entitled to a second chance.

Welcome to the greatest football club in the world.

2 Likes

Fantastic to see by Stringer.

I agree with @Humble_Minion - persistence is the key. I think the public bashing of Stringer will help though. Every tom, ■■■■ and harry knows what Stringer did now so it’s inescapable. I know if I were in his position, I’d want to prove everyone wrong.

P.S - I hope he makes the WB regret it.

I just thought lucky he is good at footy. Not much going on inside.

Yeah, he’s taken a battering and is probably a little embarrassed with his dirty laundry being aired. It’s all about regaining respect. Additionally, he’s probably not that comfortable in front of a camera + the massive expectations thrust on him.

Seriously, there’s so much about Stringer that reminds me of G Ablett senior, even his narrow shoulders and dislike for the camera!

4 Likes

I think it bodes well that Jake Stringer sees an opportunity in being at a club that has been through so much crap over the last two years and stuck fat through all of it. In the interview he intimated that he felt it would help him, given his own difficulties in recent times. I think he’s right.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating but I have a feeling we are going to see a massive year from Mr Stringer, if he remains injury free. The real challenge for him will come in season 2019 and beyond I reckon.

4 Likes

completely unnecessary comment really

Deleted, but it wasn’t that bad Alex.

1 Like

youre free to keep it up, if thats how you feel about it.

How are people critiquing this guys interview??

Looked like a bloke to me who had cut his annual bender short to come and train his ■■■ off back home, at a new club, with his new captain, teammate and Essendon staff, to put in extra yards so he has a ripper year and moves into the midfield.

To me he just looked like a bloke who had smashed himself on the track for a couple of hours, was given a hat (that he couldn’t even put on straight), a Bombers polo, was red in the face and had sweat dripping off him and was told to go answer some questions so that a fan forum can pull apart every intricate detail that he does in said interview.

Couldn’t care less what he is like in an interview. Have you seen Paddy Ryder or heck, even the reigning Brownlow medalist in an interview? Farking CRINGE.

So happy to see him at the club and that he is putting in the extra yards to better himself and his new team.

36 Likes

Good Impression.

Gets in a good 2 weeks ahead of proper preseason.

Not so much how I feel about it, more the pose he had in that image that struck me as funny. Anyway, I know free speech is dead. I’ll get back in my box.

1 Like

free speech isn’t the pinnacle of humanity.

1 Like

He will give us a lot to cheer about next year… i can see his en-devour…
But he is so camera shy.

can’t really blame him after being labelled a sexual deviant.

also does the parish thing of looking anywhere but at the person interviewing you