#25 Jake Stringer (Part 2)

Did your man jake play last season with OP?

YES OR NO?

Whatā€™s hiding under that hoodie? Thatā€™s what I want to know

Facing a guy with a man bun. He should remove the gloves.

1 Like

The penny has dropped. Saw him at a family get together over the weekend for his grandfather. Fittest Iā€™ve seen him after a season. Usually put 5kgs on by now

15 Likes

Would you say he is absolutely flying?

4 Likes

Nah he usually gets quite fit at this point, then pings a hammy during the preseason and stacks on 5-10kgs.

4 Likes

Borderline flying.

1 Like

jakes a remarkable player. but I, and the broader essendon fan base have heard all this before

3 Likes

Brad Scott though?

Brad Scott would punch the fat right out of stringer

8 Likes

Stringer is the difference between Essendon making finals and not making finals. We will get smashed either way, but he is the only one that can get us there.

3 Likes

Canā€™t wait for the summer pics of the boyz all shirtless, running up sand dunes, navigating jungle gyms followed by the classic ā€œHARDEST PRE SEASON EVERā€ quotes.

[IMG Stallion_drooling_wolf.gif /IMG]

7 Likes

The usual pattern of things is exactly this followed by an article in early February stating that Jake has had a ā€˜minor setbackā€™.

At which point he dives into bulk whopper meals and loses any improvements he made in the previous few months.

3 Likes

Sets up for a devon smith mid season ā€˜mini preason block of trainingā€™.

1 Like

This made me laugh rather loudly.

1 Like

Professional athletes actually training should be the minimum expectation rather than cause for celebration

4 Likes

Thatā€™s a solid 11 seconds of training: absolutely flying

4 Likes

having only caught a glimpse of what dunkley does, thatā€™s the levels of professionalism that should be applauded, not as you say the barest of bare minimums.

getting fit now while a good first step, iā€™d actually applaud stringer only if he got injured and during that injury phase, maintained in season playing weight through nothining but strict adherence to a proper food intake program.

that in his case would show more dedication to improving, above and beyond anything else.

call me in round 10

1 Like

Great that he and hopefully others are putting in some work early.

It only counts though if it results in a real and positive difference at the end of next season and beyond.

Both the club and supporters over the last few years (myself included) have been way too quick to heap praise and celebrate before anything has actually been achieved.