#25 Jake Stringer (Part 2)

Maybe too hopeful on my behalf, but I’d even be elated if we saw a competitive outfit in round 1 next year. The beginning of this season was a diabolical disgrace!

1 Like

And Stringer will be wearing a t-shirt in the pool.

2 Likes

there was a article last year, on stringer, that @Henry_s_Angry_Pills pointed out this exact sentiment

it was about how he’d got a personal trainer in the off seaaon, the fact he’s the fittest he had been in years, things along those lines

yes - congratulations for being professional in a professional league where you are paid millions over your career

1 Like

Stringer cant win. He trains and people say “so he should”, he doesn’t train and people say “He’s a lazy such and such”.

7 Likes

Training like he’s about to announce he’s heading to Geelong

2 Likes

He can win actually.

He wins by actually finding a level of consistency with how he prepares and how he presents himself. And that includes injury rehab and being the professional athlete he’s paid to be.

If he does this then his immense talent will do the rest and he’ll be a consistently good player across the course of a whole season.

Is he going to dominate every week? Of course not, but he needs to at least give himself every chance through his preparation and professionalism.

Ah yes the shrodstringer box theory.

1 Like

He’s both fit and injured.

If he looks ripped after his customary preseason soft tissue injury I’ll start to believe again. But at this point I’ve heard and seen it all before.

1 Like

Those punches look a little limp. No real purpose behind them.

It wasn’t about the punches at all. If you look again you will see him doing his moves in rhythm, more like dance moves than boxing and that was clearly the intention of the exercise.

1 Like

Looked really fit before Christmas last year, got injured, never seemed to get that fitness back.

Even so, he played in 5 of our 7 wins. He’s very important to this line up. He needs to do his bit - get and stay fit, don’t lose condition if he picks up an injury - but he’s still a key factor in how we will go. I’ve seen a few posts over in the trade thread suggesting we should offload him. I think that’s a straight up mistake.

6 Likes

Most of the boys are still on the ■■■■ overseas.

Couldn’t help but notice the name in the Insta account - Thriller Miller. A well known name (& recent winner) in the MotoGP world heading down under very soon.

there’s not one player on our list or another that needs to be praised for being professional. and when he’s unprofessional yes, he deserves critisism. im not sure any of this is surprising

1 Like

Martin is being praised for doing bench press. How is that different?

so he should, quite a remarkable feat! Jake would have eaten the bench press!

1 Like

He shouldn’t be getting praised at all. To me watching him train he has a long way to go, looked like the first time he had done any gym work at all.

If any of our players went to Geelong they’d get a rude shock. Unfortunately we have been so ■■■■ for so long our culture breeds mediocrity. If Stringer went to the Cats he’d have a choice - conform and meet their standards, or he simply wouldn’t play. With us he’s still got games despite being 4-5 kgs overweight. Whoever the new coach is, that’s their biggest challenge…

1 Like

At Essendon, Jake’s biggest issue has been remaining fit during injuries. He has done everything expected of him pre-season every year and is seen to be borderline flying every year. If we can keep Jake on the park, he will win the Brownlow…big if though!

3 Likes