#25 Jake Stringer (Part 2)

I personally think we’ll never see the second half of 2021 form again

I think he’ll still win a few games for us. he’ll still be great at times. but he’ll never be consistent from here i wouldn’t have thought

its just who he is

3 Likes

You may be right, but I hope your not.

2 Likes

Plus age comes at you quick, especially if you’re not a quintessential pro (and if you’re a 28+ Essendon player :cry:).

I’d say 2021 was probably end of his prime body-wise, definitely footy-wise. Has good footy in him left, but can’t see him getting to that level again even after some shadow boxing and remaining injury free

Schrodinger’s fat theory.

So did Ham!!!

1 Like

Martin is in his first full pre-season.

Jake is in his 11th pre-season.

Why didn’t Martin work harder earlier to get his body into peak condition? He is 21 years old.

Very few players are at ‘peak condition’ at 20 years old. If any.

as others have said why is it surprising ?

do you also want to give him credit for simply breathing ?
does he get a high 5 for turning up to the club during the week ?

what other basic core functions of his employment should he be praised for ? he tied his boot laces ? he put his knife and fork in the sink instead of leaving them on the communal table ?

you want to know how he wins, again the next time he gets injured, he keeps up the fitness regime while adhering to a eating program that doesn’t make him balloon out and lose the extra fitness he’s gained in the months it ultimately matters the least in terms of core function (to produce results in game every week).
that’s how he wins.
merely existing doesn’t warrant “winning”

Incontrovertible!

Is he still on the list?

Didn’t the players start pre-season early last year?

Not that it helped.

1 Like

Watch out Jake…Brad is coming for you

2 Likes

Stringer seeing Scott

16 Likes

He’s going on a fasting diet now.

3 Likes

He did. He got super fit when he went undrafted. He has elite endurance.

2 Likes

He should be on the phone to liteneasy ASAP

2 Likes

Would not rule out Jake training to advertise himself.

1 Like

I love Package he’s not getting traded or going anywhere

He was in the best shape of his career last pre season then he had that injury setback right before the season started

Sounds like hes getting into shape again hopefully this time he has some luck and dosent get injured.

1 Like

Has taken a Jobe approach to training this offseason I’m told although my concern is his ability to deal with an injury and return from it. He was in great shape last year before doing the groin/quad injury late in pre season, condition fell away and never looked right. So important for us IMO.

23 Likes