#26 Cale "Thank You Mr" Hooker - rejects a brown paper bag from FCFC

There have been lesser players who have had games as bad as Cale’s today, and never played senior footy again.

5 Likes

The demoted to rookie list then delisted year after game?

1 Like

The ups and downs of Cale Hooker, starred last week, bombed this week.

1 Like

There’s that one. Jack Anthony’s last ever game springs to mind too.

1 Like

This exactly

Needed to back it up this week and didn’t

Disappointing and embarrassing

It’s also days like these you wish Gumby’s body wasn’t made of Balsa wood.

1 Like

I’m not keen on Hooker any more. i think he might just prefer the mirror to playing good football.

We desperately need another key forward, one that can kick farken straight farken.

Starred for one quarter last week.

1 Like

Might be time to try Hooker back with Stewart and Laverde as the second and third talls

2 Likes

Should have played him in the ruck instead of Joe.

You might as well see the year out at this stage.

I’m not 100% convinced this should be continued next year though.

1 Like

all well and good to bring fire and passion.
but this is why you’d wanna know you could back it up against better opposition, and not just a 3rd game player.

absolutely putrid.

Shoul be be dropped for today’s goal sqaure fuckwittery alone. Infuriating.

17 Likes

Playing on when he was a matter of centimeters out. My god, so so stupid.

Add his dropped marks, and shanking easy kicks in front of goal - ■■■■■■ embarrassing.

At that point, knowing his confidence was shot, it may have been best just to throw him back. He wasn’t going to do any good up forward.

If he’s within 25/30 he should literally kick for goal off one step. Aim for someone in the crowd and just kick it like you’re a backman. Like Hartley.

Sorry I know that’s the sort of crap that your grandma suggests but Jesus fkn CHRIST

What a load of crap.

Yep. He’s either 3/10 or worse, or 7/10 or better - he plays very few 5/10 games.

His worst game for the club. He single handedly lost the game for us.

It was obvious that the midfield was down and that the key players were having a off day but still they worked hard to get the ball in the right places to create chances.

And nearly every he was that right chance, especially as we rebounded. But time and time again he destroyed momentum by making mistakes from dropping uncontested marks, losing his footing and the worst was playing on when he doesn’t need to.

He has to have a really good hard look to himself and work out where his humble and hard working attitude is gone. Because playing like an arrogant trying to be something he is not is not working.

He’s not going to have a lot of friendly banter over the next week as he let his team mates down. Lucky for him there were a few other off too.

I don’t like to have a crack at players but he can’t have games like this again.

1 Like

I think it’s time for hooker back and Francis up forward. Surely the experiment has failed. I don’t know a player can have so much talent, But so little footy IQ