#26 Clunk Hooker

I happened to check the AFL Player Ratings, which have Hooker the 23rd best defender in the game. These are very credible ratings — they have Leroy as our #1 forward.

(Jetta > Hurley, not a forward > Winder, not a two hamstring player > Dell, not on our senior list > Jerrett > NO‘B, no really > Joe D > Ambrose > Zerrett)

Is that the one that midway through last year had Hardingham as our #1 defender? I'm one of the few here who loves Hardy, but it absolutely baffled me how they figured that one out.

IIRC it ranked Hardingham exactly one place above Fletcher.

I think Uncy Herb was spruiking it in here?

If you get those sort of results then you're measuring the wrong things.

It is the time frame that farks it. Hardy was highly rated as a defender last year because the year before he was top 10 in the comp for spoils

He wears flashy boots now. Backs it up.

Skates

It really was a great feeling watching him dominate against north and just realizing how far he has come. I honestly thought a few years ago he wouldn't make it, i still have nightmares of buddy tearing him a new ******* . Good on the lad.

Love his game now a days. Feel comfortable with the ball in his hands.

L.J. Hooker you're the bessst.

has learnt heaps from fletch you can see it

Second sublime game for the year tonight. 

He doesn't often lose a contest, and the attacking side of his game just gets better and better.

Keep it up, Cale!

was huge tonight. His marking has always been a strength, and his disposal has improved a hell of a lot

Elite footy IQ.

Just keeps getting better and better, rarely gets beaten & cant think of many defenders that read the play better either.

Second sublime game for the year tonight. 

He doesn't often lose a contest, and the attacking side of his game just gets better and better.

Keep it up, Cale!

l have him in the votes this week, again.

This bloke is playing very very well

Hooks was very good last year and appears to have improved again this year. Great last week and even better last night. He is just reading the game so well at the moment.

B&F

B&F

Big and Freaky!

Hooks was very good last year and appears to have improved again this year. Great last week and even better last night. He is just reading the game so well at the moment.

I reckon this has been his strength from the start. Had the ability to read the ball in the air very well and get to the contest - Fletcher like.  

He wanted to stay when other clubs wanted him, and some wanted him to go. Loyalty to the club is to be appreciated and we should be so happy that he chose to stay. 

prostitutes1.jpg

I reckon this has been his strength from the start. Had the ability to read the ball in the air very well and get to the contest - Fletcher like.  

He wanted to stay when other clubs wanted him, and some wanted him to go. Loyalty to the club is to be appreciated and we should be so happy that he chose to stay. 

Did other clubs actually want him?  I know GC asked for two second rounders and / or as a throw in for future Hall of Famer Josh Caddy, but did anyone else ask for him?

West coast wanted him. Were giving two picks in the 20’s for him at the end of 2012