#26 Clunk Hooker

Rather than start a new thread thought I would just rehash this one.

Has there been a more improved player in the space fo 2-3 years in the last 20-odd?

Seriously, it is nearly at the point where we say "fark, Hooker is out, we are in all sorts".

Takes the number 1 guy each week and if the midfield can do its job at least half arsed he will barely concede a goal.

Have thought this about him for a long time. Also Hibbert, Kommer and Hurley. These guys really ATTACK the ball and the opposition. Definitely not Gliders.

He wears flashy boots now. Backs it up.

I’m not one to say I told you so, but the amount of times I had to stick up for this guy around here… Well, I told you so.

I'm not one to say I told you so, but the amount of times I had to stick up for this guy around here... Well, I told you so.

ditto

I'm not one to say I told you so, but the amount of times I had to stick up for this guy around here... Well, I told you so.

ditto

Good call by us.

ditto

Good call by us.

Men-at-work-Golf-Clap-Short-Charlie-Shee

Jimmy was also a huge Cale Hooker fan...when he wasn't watching the radar maps.

Was it Jimmy that started the anti-Saints thread a few years ago at the start of the season?

Seems to have regained the speed he lost after those hammie injuries. One of the most underrated on our list, if not league

Favourite moment on Friday was when North bombed it into their fwd line (lol) and Hooker was last man by a good 10 metres, back tracking slightly too quickly for what was comfortable to get the easy chest mark... surely just a chest mark Cale play it safe for the wobble? HANDS OUTSTRETCHED. CLUNK. ONE GRAB.

so where does this put pears in the pecking order?

The same place he has been for a while now

Was it Jimmy that started the anti-Saints thread a few years ago at the start of the season?
LOL
That thread was awesome.

Nothing new to add, just voicing some Hooker love.

d8mx9Cb.png
Aged to perfection.

Helped that North couldn’t mark for peanuts that night. Hooker was left to his own device.

GUN

I happened to check the AFL Player Ratings, which have Hooker the 23rd best defender in the game. These are very credible ratings — they have Leroy as our #1 forward.

(Jetta > Hurley, not a forward > Winder, not a two hamstring player > Dell, not on our senior list > Jerrett > NO‘B, no really > Joe D > Ambrose > Zerrett)

I happened to check the AFL Player Ratings, which have Hooker the 23rd best defender in the game. These are very credible ratings — they have Leroy as our #1 forward.

(Jetta > Hurley, not a forward > Winder, not a two hamstring player > Dell, not on our senior list > Jerrett > NO‘B, no really > Joe D > Ambrose > Zerrett)

Is that the one that midway through last year had Hardingham as our #1 defender? I'm one of the few here who loves Hardy, but it absolutely baffled me how they figured that one out.

Lol, they actually aren't bad but they are calculated over such a long period of time it makes them slow to react