#27 Jonathon Giles

With TBell re-signing and hopefully Smack being upgraded can anyone see Giles getting much of a go next season? Would he have any trade value?

No and No I reckon. The way he was left till the last minute to get a go this year, I was expecting them to pay out his contract a year early. But with Hird leaving, maybe they’ll give him another year now. I’d prefer they tried someone else like your big boy from Norwood.

With TBell re-signing and hopefully Smack being upgraded can anyone see Giles getting much of a go next season? Would he have any trade value?
No and no. I wouldn't even be shocked if he was dropped down to the rookie list - he really is only going to be used when both TBC and Smack are out injured.

They should probably throw in le cras to keep our pensioner levels up

West Coast interested?
Never heard it.
You wouldn’t see it written anywhere here.
No where.

I heard this morning on SEN they are talking about giving us their second rounder and a swap of third round picks for him.

I heard this morning on SEN they are talking about giving us their second rounder and a swap of third round picks for him.

that would be nice, get something for nothing

Surely not.

if we turn last years pick 53 in to a second rounder, JACKPOT BABY

Surely not.

Wouldn’t that only be a 5 pick upgrade?

Win-win. With Leuenberger’s arrival and Smack’s efforts Giles most likely won’t get a game next year anyway. Don’t know he’d do better at West Coast, but let him go and try his luck, I reckon. Fairer for the bloke and we get a 2nd rounder.

Would be a smart move for the Eagles given they traded a ruck?

Surely not.

Yeah probably, but that’s a huge win for us. Ok, the second rounder is pick 37ish but still, better than what we paid for him.

DEAL

Surely not.

I think a 5 pick upgrade for a player who will not get a game is probably a win.

Unfortunately, the Giles experiment didnt work for either party, so yep, do it.

what about the vfl team?!

If that happens i am ■■■■■■ excited

Truth be told it upsets me the way we gave handled Giles he should of been given more time when Bellchambers went down.

Truth be told it upsets me the way we gave handled Giles he should of been given more time when Bellchambers went down.

Maybe he needed to earn it and thought he would get an easy ride.

I think it would be for Colledge. Not sure if there would be any pick exchanges as well.