#28 Elliot Kavanagh

Looked everywhere for his specific thread but couldnt find it, please delete this one if there is already a thread on him.

Just wanted to say, i still have hope for him.

He put himself up for trade but attracted little interest from anyone else so hopefully this is a huge wake up call for him. Needs a big year next year or i have a feeling he will be gone by the end of next year.

thoughts?

At least he hits targets. I'd like to see him as a true "box to box" midfielder so to speak and try and play the Stanton role.

The Stanton role. Run at the same pace all game and not be a footballer. No thanks.

A reply to: @alex.f.94 regarding QuoteLink

introverted. delist.

Poor supporter. Try Carlton.

A reply to: @stuka regarding QuoteLink

A reply to: @alex.f.94 regarding QuoteLink
introverted. delist.

Poor supporter. Try Carlton.

oblivious, be shameful.

Quoted Post

He's probably not that far off, he's been listed as an emergency fair bit and if his fitness s has improved and his training has intensified and he showing maturity, he could easily get a call up.

I think we knew when we drafted him that he would have to get past his injuriy issues, plus he was pretty light to start with and was so going to take a while.

I’m not saying he will be a great player for us he’s been pretty patient and I think he would be able to see opportunities if not this year them next year. This year we have a few ring-ins as we have a serious crack at a flag and senior players will most likely get the nod more often than not expecially in finals.

I think next year with Fletch/Chappy/Licha gone there will be more opportunities for these guys (KAV & NOB etc) as positions are shuffled around a bit, especially if they can start tearing it up and showing good leadership in the VFL.

I think it would be crazy for them to leave for another club at the end of 2015.

Hopefully we have a scenario where some old timers leave, these guys step up and poople are asking “who are these guys, where did they come from, I thought EFC had to rebuild?”.

I don’t like poople

I agree it's a long shot. I reckon it's between his ears.

But then again I said the same about Jay Neagle.

And now he is an overweight flog

He’s actually not.

I umpired him this year just average in a crap competition

I think the problem for Kav is that one area of coaching I think we’ve done alright in is the development side. Across the last 4-5 years we’ve had Richardson, McCartney and Neeld, who are all very highly rated, and some guys have come on quickly under them (and some really stepped up this year). Kav hasn’t. I suspect that potential is going to go to waste.

Nailed it!

I think the problem for Kav is that one area of coaching I think we’ve done alright in is the development side. Across the last 4-5 years we’ve had Richardson, McCartney and Neeld, who are all very highly rated, and some guys have come on quickly under them (and some really stepped up this year). Kav hasn’t. I suspect that potential is going to go to waste.

And now he is an overweight flog

He’s actually not.

He might have had a quiet game and been beaten by Gaff but he still managed 4 Clearances - equal second highest (with Carlisle & Daniher).

I honestly think he is more inside mid, given his clean hands, than the outside mid role he is picked for.

We need to persist with him and give him 4-6 games to get a real gauge on whether he can cut it at AFL level or not.

Totally agree he is an inside player rather than outside. Wasn’t he playing across half forward / wing against Eagles?

Your right he needs a hand full of games to get his confidence up and adjust to the pace of game.

I think he may be given another game after the break but fear he will be axed when Myers and hocking return.
Melksham will however stay in the side as he is a more experienced player.

At least he hits targets. I'd like to see him as a true "box to box" midfielder so to speak and try and play the Stanton role.

The Stanton role. Run at the same pace all game and not be a footballer. No thanks.

31 possessions and 9 tackles from Stants suggests you have NFI.

He was our only half decent midfielder last week as well. Regularly stands up when everyone else is poop does Brent. Just makes him stick out more when he does make a blue.
He had a bad first game and I think I made him my "any excuse to slide Dalgleish in" out but has worked exceptionally hard since then.

He might have had a quiet game and been beaten by Gaff but he still managed 4 Clearances - equal second highest (with Carlisle & Daniher).

I honestly think he is more inside mid, given his clean hands, than the outside mid role he is picked for.

We need to persist with him and give him 4-6 games to get a real gauge on whether he can cut it at AFL level or not.

He was our only half decent midfielder last week as well. Regularly stands up when everyone else is poop does Brent. Just makes him stick out more when he does make a blue.

Please persist.

will make it but needs opportunity......Go the Kav

There was a lot of discussion about Kav in the "Who stays and who goes" thread, I am in the keep camp as I think given opportunity he can have a big future with us. He may have to bide his time though because I can`t see him pushing Chappy, Coony, Stanton etc. out, unless their is an injury.

Has ability. Gone past being a waiting game, he needs to do something.

Wont make it, not afl standard in my opinion

Would love to be proven wrong though. Seriously. We need quick mids on the outside

He knows where he stands in 12 months time.

I too hold out hope for him.

He is better than he's shown.

Needs to play with abandon.