#28 Elliot Kavanagh

Very lucky to have an extra year to run on his contract because he’d be out the door already if he didn’t. I’ve never seen what others see in this kid. I don’t think he’s got the tools or mindset to make it.

I have the feeling that he might one day become a very useful player. I’m glad we kept him, but he needs to start playing with more urgency.

The guy is ok in traffic and is neat by hand and foot. 

But he's a plodder physically and mentally. 

Doesn't have any mongrel in him and unfortunately you can't fix that. At least I don't think you can. 

Can't see how he gets 'more' opportunity in 2015.

He's now behind Cooney who comes straight in, and we haven't lost another of Kavs type that he would replace from the best 22. 

Let's say, Kommer, Browne and Hams are all fit, I see them getting more time in the first side.

Kav genuinely needs to bring consistency to his game, and start racking up solid numbers in the VFL, of which he has not done yet.

Was confused when they repeatedly gave him the wrong first name on 3AW this morning when discussing those who didn’t move. My brain knew it was wrong but couldn’t actually recall said name: he’s branded as KAV Kavanagh.

Not getting picked up could be the kick he needs. As he’s not getting a game he knows it will be back to uni after next year if he doesn’t break out.

Seems to have the skills but I don’t about his desire. Just needs to go out there and want the ■■■■■■ pill.

Either he has a Trav Coyler like turnaround next season or he is gonski next year, and I doubt anyone would give him another shot.

Needs a big pre-season and very good praccy match form.

Knowing us, he will have a ripper year, then wanted to be traded

He didn't have a body conducive to being an instant AFL player like an Ollie Wines, so he was probably always going to take 2-3 years to get to that level. But playtime is over now. He can go one of two ways, he could just drop off completely, go through the motions in the VFL, know he will be delisted at the end of 2015 and move onto another club (if he does get an opportunity elsewhere), or he can put everything into having the best pre-season he can, hit the ground running in the NAB Cup, impress and basically force his way into the Round 1 team by sheer weight of the work he has done and build from there. He is the kind of player we probably need to kick on, hopefully Hirdy and the coaches can instill that belief in him.

Wish him well, hope comes good but it’s not looking very likely.

Pick 19 was a fair price to pay too.

Get hungry and angry kav

The guy is ok in traffic and is neat by hand and foot. 

But he's a plodder physically and mentally. 

Doesn't have any mongrel in him and unfortunately you can't fix that. At least I don't think you can. 

Summed it up really well. Came with big wraps and at the time was rapt that we picked him up. But 7 games in three seasons, when he expected possibly to play 8-10 in his first season.

Think Hird will take him on as a 'special case' this season and really try and make it work. He has 6 months to save his career IMO.

Needs to really made the 'best players' in more than one NAB Cup game to force his way into the starting 25 come Round 1. From there who knows, but if he fails to make the senior side in the first month I think it could be curtains.

I Hope Dyson takes him under his wing.

Cooney coming into the midfield makes it even harder for him to get selected.

He needs a big preseason, build his skinny frame up. needs to dominate preseason games to get first crack in best 22, or be in best possible shape to dominate VFL. I still have hope for him, but if he doesnt show something it will be his last year at EFC.

Doesn’t hunt the ball enough. Content to let the play find him.

When he gets involved he looks OK, just doesn’t get involved enough.

I don’t think playing him as a tagger in the vfl is helping to address this.

Needs to get hungrier and want the ball

2015- Whipping boy

Needs to start demanding opportunities rather than expecting them.

Nah, its over. If he doesnt show something extraordinary in the VFL next year its out.

Nah, its over. If he doesnt show something extraordinary in the VFL next year its out.

same for nob and browne to be fair.

Was touted a top 10 pick but slid through to Essendon because of injury concerns. Remember Essendon were rapt they got him so late. Just needs opportunity and has never been given a run at it … has a good game then gets dropped. Reckon he’s got what it takes #gokav

Was touted a top 10 pick but slid through to Essendon because of injury concerns. Remember Essendon were rapt they got him so late. Just needs opportunity and has never been given a run at it ... has a good game then gets dropped. Reckon he's got what it takes #gokav

He's barely noticeable in the VFL but we haven't given him enough of a shot in the AFL?

Was touted a top 10 pick but slid through to Essendon because of injury concerns. Remember Essendon were rapt they got him so late. Just needs opportunity and has never been given a run at it ... has a good game then gets dropped. Reckon he's got what it takes #gokav

He's barely noticeable in the VFL but we haven't given him enough of a shot in the AFL?

Some players just dont perform at VFL and never will but perform a lot differently at AFL level, i reckon he may be that type of player.