#3 Paul Chapman

Truth is, we are NOT playing him where his best strengths would benefit us.  We did, now we're not, WHY?  Stick like glue and never move outside the 50 metre arc, let Daniher run up the ground.

Once again, no draft picks this year, and we are stick with, couldhavebeens, wouldhavebeens, and ifonly's.

Give him a year to settle in. Needs to be played as a forward, probably not as a midfielder.

Pretty dumb to play him out of position.

Did anyone see before the start of the game when channel 7 ran one of their twitter polls asking whether Chapman or Stevie J has had a better career?  Roughly 2/3 said Johnson.  That absolutely shocked me.  I'm trying not to be biased here, but I always saw Chapman as an absolute gun and Stevie as kind of a luxury item (not to say he isn't good, just that I never saw him as a guy capable of carrying a team the way Chappy was).  I'm surprised that anyone would think they were that close, let alone a significant majority apparently thinking Johnson was better.

Or maybe I'm just overreacting to a stupid twitter poll.

Did anyone see before the start of the game when channel 7 ran one of their twitter polls asking whether Chapman or Stevie J has had a better career?  Roughly 2/3 said Johnson.  That absolutely shocked me.  I'm trying not to be biased here, but I always saw Chapman as an absolute gun and Stevie as kind of a luxury item (not to say he isn't good, just that I never saw him as a guy capable of carrying a team the way Chappy was).  I'm surprised that anyone would think they were that close, let alone a significant majority apparently thinking Johnson was better.

Chappy is an Essendon player now, what did you expect?

We are expecting too much of him. He was not a mid fielder at Cats.

Play him from the goal square and he will kick goals, just like Eddie Betts and Angus Monfries do !!

We are expecting too much of him. He was not a mid fielder at Cats.
Play him from the goal square and he will kick goals, just like Eddie Betts and Angus Monfries do !!

Yes he was. He was a very good midfielder at times at geelong, would often rack up 30+. Not saying he played midfield and nothing else because he has played plenty forward

The problem, as I see it, is that we got him to be the icing on the cake. The problem is that due to circumstance, he’s had to be more of the cake rather than the icing on top. Hope that analogy makes sense.

I think he would still be a solid contributor if he had better talent around, much like Goodes at Sydney. The focus would be off him and he could get under the oppositions guard a bit more.

Hamstrings made of spaghetti doesn’t bode well for playing afl footy

Use him as the sub?

Stick a fork in him.

Hamstrings made of spaghetti doesn't bode well for playing afl footy

Dry, or cooked?

I don‘t see much al dente right now.

I just can't understand why he's spending so much time in the backline. He should either be delivering into 50 or sitting 30 out from goal, nothing else.

Chappy is an Essendon player now, what did you expect?

Dirty drug cheat in the eyes of most idiot opposition supporters too even though he was nowhere near our club in 2012.

Chapman did look pretty shot yesterday, but we can hope because of  his form earlier in the year.

I'd have said SJ has had the better career. Been more dominant more often. Both great players though.

I'd have said SJ has had the better career. Been more dominant more often. Both great players though.

I think this is just the recency effect.  Johnson's much better now and he was much better last year (although I think people are overreacting to Chapman's poor form the last couple of weeks).  Before then, I can't think of a single season where I'd say Johnson was even close to Chapman's level.

Chappy looks cooler than Stevie J though.

He may well walk away at the end of this year, wouldn't surprise me at all.

Well he has to find something in the next few weeks otherwise he is done.

Has to play forward. Revelation fwd in the first few weeks, then half forward, now midfield more than anything.

Not rocket science.