#34 Kyle Hardingham

It’s a shame because he has so much going for him. His kicking lets him down too much and he is am even worse shot for goal.

Would be good at the tigers in the HBF like the rest of their shakers.

Given our situation, keep for another year and stick in the forward pocket. Good marking target, pity my 93 y.o grandma is a straighter kick (she can't take a hanger though)

He must be the next cab off the rank to sign a contract !

Better as a forward than a back for mine.  Kicking needs work, particularly at goal, but that can be worked on.  As a back his judgement wasn't great, jumping for a ball and leaving his man free behind the contest regularly.  You can't do that on quick, small forwards.  Plus I can't forget Eddie Betts kicking 8 on him.  That still hurts.

Given our situation, keep for another year and stick in the forward pocket. Good marking target, pity my 93 y.o grandma is a straighter kick (she can't take a hanger though)

I bet she makes a nice cup of tea though.

Other than Pears, who has reportedly signed, he is the last isn't he?

As we all know, he loves to fly for marks. It worries me that he tends to go to far under the ball too often.

I'd play him as a defensive hf too.

As we all know, he loves to fly for marks. It worries me that he tends to go to far under the ball too often.
Pears, Hardy and No'B. And of course all 3 rookies. You'd think Gumby will leave also.

Pears, Hardy and No'B. And of course all 3 rookies. You'd think Gumby will leave also.

I hope we give Nick O'B another year, he has potential and is certainly worth another year.

Signed Thursday

Signed Thursday

Thanks rusty, was that nob or Kyle? Appreciate your posts.

Signed Thursday

You'd assume it's Hardy since it's his thread :lol:

Great news anyways!

Signed Thursday

You'd assume it's Hardy since it's his thread :lol:

Great news anyways!

I am happy either way.

1 year contract.

A top bloke but geez Barlow would’ve been handy.

I can't believe we took this bloke in favour of Barlow who had been training with us!

Too smart for our good.

That's another story. Fremantle were after Hardingham but we jumped in first so they took Barlow.
Surely players can improve their kicking with serious dedication. Watson did.

I think half the problem is his decision making to be honest.
He makes some pretty poor decisions coming out of defence and in regards to when he should jump at the ball or not.
I think his kicking problems, and his decision making issues are due to the fact that he doesnt seem to be the most calm person with the footy in hand.

Thats my assessment of Hardingham. Tell him to calm the fark down and I think he will improve a fair bit. Just has a bit of Adam 'Brainfarts' McPhee about him.

Concur with all of the above. His flying for marks doesn't inspire me with confidence, for while he can get up there he needs to make a few more of them stick. He is also prone to be too far under the ball and his timing can be horribly off. Hibberd is a much better/safer bet overhead. Can't fault his endeavour but a couple of times late in the season l saw him looking around non plussed as if to say even he wasn't sure what his role should be. Can't play forward until his kicking improves, but once it does he could play tall ... in the air. 

I'm a fan of Hardingham because I like the fact he always has a red hot go! 

i would like to see him play as a defensive forward.  He needs to make his opponent honest, by taking the front position instead of always trying to take the mark from behind.  He needs to lead up at the ball making space behind him or take the mark out in front or use his leap to protect the drop zone -  to bring the ball to ground and keep it in the area.  His second efforts and tackling have always been a strength. Bombers style will be play on forward of centre, so if Hardy does take marks he will play on with a handball, reducing turnovers with his kicking.  If he kicked a goal match that would be a bonus. 

In the mould of another Pods

Dons duo Kyle Hardingham and Nick O'Brien have both agreed to new contracts to remain at Essendon

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2013-10-23/dons-duo-resign

I expect Hardingham to challenge for Crameri's replacement as the 3rd "tall" forward...will need to fix his goal kicking if this is the case.

I expect Hardingham to challenge for Crameri's replacement as the 3rd "tall" forward...will need to fix his goal kicking if this is the case.

l like that you have high expectations, but l am not going to hold my breath in anticipation that he will be able to fill Crameri's spot.