#34 Kyle Hardingham

I can't believe we took this bloke in favour of Barlow who had been training with us!

Too smart for our good.

That's another story. Fremantle were after Hardingham but we jumped in first so they took Barlow.
Surely players can improve their kicking with serious dedication. Watson did.

I think half the problem is his decision making to be honest.
He makes some pretty poor decisions coming out of defence and in regards to when he should jump at the ball or not.
I think his kicking problems, and his decision making issues are due to the fact that he doesnt seem to be the most calm person with the footy in hand.

Thats my assessment of Hardingham. Tell him to calm the fark down and I think he will improve a fair bit. Just has a bit of Adam 'Brainfarts' McPhee about him.

Open the fridge and and find something to calm him down?

Make or break Hardy

He played a great game up forward last night. Felt guilty not giving him a vote. So posting in his thread. His unpredictable nature helps him up forward.

He ended up playing with an injury too.  Could barely run in that last quarter, but still kept at it.  

He played a great game up forward last night. Felt guilty not giving him a vote. So posting in his thread. His unpredictable nature helps him up forward.

Indeed.  He's got a little bit of X factor about him.  As long as he stays within the forward 50 and only has to kick at goal and not kick to a teammate, he will be damaging.

I can't believe we took this bloke in favour of Barlow who had been training with us!
Too smart for our good.

That's another story. Fremantle were after Hardingham but we jumped in first so they took Barlow.
Surely players can improve their kicking with serious dedication. Watson did.
I think half the problem is his decision making to be honest.
He makes some pretty poor decisions coming out of defence and in regards to when he should jump at the ball or not.
I think his kicking problems, and his decision making issues are due to the fact that he doesnt seem to be the most calm person with the footy in hand.
Thats my assessment of Hardingham. Tell him to calm the fark down and I think he will improve a fair bit. Just has a bit of Adam 'Brainfarts' McPhee about him.
Open the fridge and and find something to calm him down?

I'm a big fan of players with heart and talent. He competes in the air and then when it hits the deck he moves very quickly and his tackles stick. He can go forward and back. He can shut a player down.
Very important with the brand of accountable physical footy we are playing.

I reckon it’s amazing how after he runs under a mark and muffs it (which he generally does a couple of times a game) he recovers so quickly to get the ground ball.

That bit of play leading up to the 3rd Ambrose goal (I think) was amazing.

He must just know he’s going to stuff up the mark so he’s got a head start on his opponent for getting it on the ground

ENIGMA.

Like Hurley last year, just back off half a step and take those grabs.  He's a hard guy for opposition to mark up on cos of his leap and his ground work is good as well. 

He can jump pretty high.. but he not as high as he thinks he can jump.  Better him doing that in the forward line than the back line.

I reckon it's amazing how after he runs under a mark and muffs it (which he generally does a couple of times a game) he recovers so quickly to get the ground ball.
That bit of play leading up to the 3rd Ambrose goal (I think) was amazing.
He must just know he's going to stuff up the mark so he's got a head start on his opponent for getting it on the ground

l like the tap he gave to set up the Merrett goal, it was sublime, deliberate and looked like it could have even been a set play.

his skill set is too interesting not to be utilised 

Hardy stays

Doing well, needs to compose himself more and not always rush the football forward.

He must just know he's going to stuff up the mark so he's got a head start on his opponent for getting it on the ground

LOLZ

Is averaging 2 goals per game.

My understanding of football though, as explained by Blitz, is that for a forward to be of any value they need to average 3-4 goals per game.

Hardy and Blitzers ,  Elivs Presley sang this Song :- "With a C and an O and an N and an F and an I and a D and an ENCE ". You will get this and it will be sooner rather than later. WE are just about there. Great effort on Friday night.....CONFIDENCE......

Is on track to kick more goals in a season than any other Essendon player has since 2008.

Is on track to kick more goals in a season than any other Essendon player has since 2008.

most other clubs that would mean something

My understanding of football though, as explained by Blitz, is that for a forward to be of any value they need to average 3-4 goals per game.
Thus, there are no valuable forwards in the league...