#34 Kyle Hardingham

After a loss by a fair sized margin, this place becomes something resembling a shambolic circus. Posters line up to put their boots into their favorite whipping boys. Used to be Stanton, now it is Jetta. No surprises regardless of how wrong some posts are. What is of interest in such moments is who's next? After a bad loss it is the whole team at fault, yet to apportion much of the blame and direct it at one or two individuals is unfair and skewed. Those players who have featured heavily in the Nobby votes this week were the ones who had a crack, the rest were found wanting. The blame should be shared, there are plenty of broad shoulders around to spread the load.

&nbsp

Bulldogs will make a play for Hardy at years end, apparently willing to give up McCrae in a clean swap.

Bulldogs will make a play for Hardy at years end, apparently willing to give up McCrae in a clean swap.

Lol.

I half agree with lamaros. He did kick a couple of goals, but his main job was to keep McPharlin and at times Johnson away from our forward entries, and on that count he performed poorly. Both McPharlin and Johnson had about 30 touches each, and numerous intercept possessions. That said, I think Hardy had been a very good performer this year for us, and if he can continue to bob up with a couple of goals a game, his season will be an unqualified success. There aren't many forwards in the league who are doing that of any type.

Numerous intercept possessions. Essendon had 30 forward 50 entries and scored 15 times. That means that Fremantle rebounded the ball 15 times. Yes McPharlin and Johnson had plenty of possessions but they were mainly when the ball was chipped around the defence.

I half agree with lamaros. He did kick a couple of goals, but his main job was to keep McPharlin and at times Johnson away from our forward entries, and on that count he performed poorly. Both McPharlin and Johnson had about 30 touches each, and numerous intercept possessions. That said, I think Hardy had been a very good performer this year for us, and if he can continue to bob up with a couple of goals a game, his season will be an unqualified success. There aren't many forwards in the league who are doing that of any type.

Numerous intercept possessions. Essendon had 30 forward 50 entries and scored 15 times. That means that Fremantle rebounded the ball 15 times. Yes McPharlin and Johnson had plenty of possessions but they were mainly when the ball was chipped around the defence.
15 rebound 50s is really really low. Normally 30-40.

15 rebound 50s is really really low. Normally 30-40.

Inside 50's are always lower in WA. According to the stats Essendon had 22 rebound 50's. 

I wouldn’t judge anyone on the wa game.

I am not sure hardy will be in the team if we are fit heading into finals, but has done his job so far, you just cannot let him leave the forward 50 as his decision making on disposal once he gets in the back line or across the middle is deplorable.

I wouldn't judge anyone on the wa game.
I am not sure hardy will be in the team if we are fit heading into finals, but has done his job so far, you just cannot let him leave the forward 50 as his decision making on disposal once he gets in the back line or across the middle is deplorable.

If he keeps playing the way he is currently, including straight kicking, why wouldn't he be in the team?
He has shown improvement so far this year with disposal and decision making and is consequently making a genuine contribution. Players do improve with hard work and dedication. Look at Watson. From very poor disposal to excellent over a few years.
IIRC he went onto Thomas in the third qtr and shut him down and out of the game. Provides some flexibility.

If he keeps playing the way he is currently, including straight kicking, why wouldn't he be in the team?
He has shown improvement so far this year with disposal and decision making and is consequently making a genuine contribution. Players do improve with hard work and dedication. Look at Watson. From very poor disposal to excellent over a few years.
IIRC he went onto Thomas in the third qtr and shut him down and out of the game. Provides some flexibility.

I don't think he has improved his kicking outside of the 50, great kick for goal terrible field kick, it isn't that he can't kick he just throws it on the boot all the time, our game plan doesn't allow for that outside ( or going into) the forward 50.

His back line and midfield kicking is still terrible.

Doing his job now but can see him being forced out by late in the year if we have a full list, given we never have a full list may not happen. but believe Lichs and Chappy are above him in the small forward stakes and when we get T-Bell, Ryder, et all back reckon his spot is under fire.

Hardy going deep into the forward line is a great move and something I suggested last year, his kicking last year was errant coming out of the backline, and our forward line was in disarray. By putting him deep in the forward line, it simplifies his role, he can take a big grab, take his time and go back and take a shot. He is and will continue to be dangerous deep forward.

I don't think he has improved his kicking outside of the 50, great kick for goal terrible field kick, it isn't that he can't kick he just throws it on the boot all the time, our game plan doesn't allow for that outside ( or going into) the forward 50.
His back line and midfield kicking is still terrible.
Doing his job now but can see him being forced out by late in the year if we have a full list, given we never have a full list may not happen. but believe Lichs and Chappy are above him in the small forward stakes and when we get T-Bell, Ryder, et all back reckon his spot is under fire.
Correct gave up 3 goals v nth

I read some of the crap about players in these threads with astonishment 

Leaves me wondering if some people actually watch the game.

Just mind ■■■■■■■.

You can't give Carlisle a free pass for playing out of position, but ignore the fact that Hardingham was virtually playing the Jono Brown role. 

He didn't have a good game, but still salvaged two goals from it. And he has been really productive so far this year. The only reason you could take extreme exception to his game on the weekend, is if you've been sitting back looking for the first chance to pot him. 

Pretty much it. I wrote him off before the season, I don't mind pointing out when he stuffs up during games, despite others only seeing a certain stat as a indicator of  a players worth.

However he is a 3 or 4th tall ish option and prolly our 4th or 5th ranked forward which could be debateable both ways.

He was thrust pretty much into being our no1 forward with the oppositions no1 back playing on him. We'd all love it if we could just magically put any player up forward at any height and preform like a dominate forward, however it's just not going to happen.

his game, like most forwards on the day was poor, but not really to do with them or their effort.

I still think all things being equal fitness and form wise ambrose may push him out of a spot later in the season as the 3 medium/tall, however hardy is doing enough for the team at present, outside of kicking goals, sure you'd like him to get a bit more of the ball, and then give it to someone else to kick :p

I still think all things being equal fitness and form wise ambrose may push him out of a spot later in the season as the 3 medium/tall, however hardy is doing enough for the team at present, outside of kicking goals, sure you'd like him to get a bit more of the ball, and then give it to someone else to kick :P

All things being equal, that's probably true. 

But if we were playing a Grand Final and had a full list to choose from, a guy who can always seem to scrounge goal or two, can 'play tall' and can be swung into defense if needed, seems like the perfect Sub to me. (Although I just had a horrible thought. 3 minutes to go in a Grand Final, there is under a kick in it, and Hardingham has the ball at half back....)

When we (hopefully) regain something of a full strength lineup, and a few guys are going to be unlucky and lose their spot, I'm not sure the guy was has kicked 9.0 from 4 games, is really that close to the chopping block.   

I still think all things being equal fitness and form wise ambrose may push him out of a spot later in the season as the 3 medium/tall, however hardy is doing enough for the team at present, outside of kicking goals, sure you'd like him to get a bit more of the ball, and then give it to someone else to kick :P

All things being equal, that's probably true. 

But if we were playing a Grand Final and had a full list to choose from, a guy who can always seem to scrounge goal or two, can 'play tall' and can be swung into defense if needed, seems like the perfect Sub to me. (Although I just had a horrible thought. 3 minutes to go in a Grand Final, there is under a kick in it, and Hardingham has the ball at half back....)

...he drills it perfectly to a running Heppell inside the square who sidesteps his flat footed, exhausted opponent and has no trouble finding the elusive Chappy five meters in front of his man and only 35 meters out from our goal.
The Essendon crowd go nuts!! This kick will decide the game!

Everyone still think I’m crazy?

Asked to be traded, what is he worth?  

932A4A60C5D58AEC768EA4BEE9DE6_h296_w526_

Where did you hear that?
Late second round pick + some type of spud.
No idea. Just guessing tbh lol

932A4A60C5D58AEC768EA4BEE9DE6_h296_w526_

Salt and vinegar or plain?
Can we get a box of BBQ shapes thrown in?

Is it too late to get Barlow back?