#36 Michael Hartley

It's been said before.

How did we pick this guy up and how did everyone miss him!

People fk up draft picks to get a player like him. GWS have sunk loads of top picks into KPD’s without hitting one.

This guy was sitting there the entire time.

Unbelievable.

Best top up player ever*

Adams i would have slightly ahead of him from the draft last year but both pretty close Adams more hooker like

During pre-season I was all like, “That Grimley is awesome, he’s so good teamed up with Kommer. Down the other end that Hartley bloke is a bit laconic and unco though”. :#

It’s been said before.

How did we pick this guy up and how did everyone miss him!

People fk up draft picks to get a player like him. GWS have sunk loads of top picks into KPD’s without hitting one.

This guy was sitting there the entire time.

Unbelievable.

Best top up player ever*

This one goes alright too. I think I like the peat flavors of that style. Not for everyone.

Smells like Seal excreta.
Try Blantons Bourbon. Tastes like angel’s tears.

There is a joke to be made about fisting in here but I’m not going to be the one to make it.

They will have to start gathering a new stat just because of him: “Metres gained by fist”

Keep DODORO.

Great pick up.

As I said when he’s played 80 games and has his tail up we’ll see his kicking become a huge weapon a la Hurley. We got a glimpse with that centre-ing kick today. He seems to have decent hands and if his marking improves similarly he could/will be a serious player.

Very impressive - as someone else said, he has filled Carlilse hole, (not as talented but better attitude) and his punching is excellent. and as forward entries slow down due to our maturing midfield and increased pressure on entries, he will be able to take marks as well. Speaking of buckets, I look forward next year when we play saints, with Francis kicking few goals. It will look like we got a great deal, esp with Hartley at half Buckets' price. Joe kicking 5 on him will be icing!

FIST

There must be 17 clubs that regret not drafting this guy right now. Tough to pick who was the better pick up from the draft between him and parish.

They’ll be able to draft him for next year - he is a top-up after all :wink:

that is a bummer, forgot about that. Means we will not get first option on him? So we can, in effect, unearth a really good player and lose him to Melb, Lions, maybe even swans? Wonder if Afl will give us draft concession? Dreaming! At least we will have first pic (assuming he is best in draft, for us), tho maybe lose Dea this way too.

Has he played forward at all? Hooker back, him forward?
Agree with others that Hurley no gimme to come back. Hope so, even with that beard! If he goes tho it will leave salary space for gun KPP.
Wonder what conversations he is having with the other 12?? Late at night after few tequilas on a couch in a club in Spain with a girl under each arm? Reckon his mates will know, which says to me he is going.

Ticker Hartley.

Very impressive - as someone else said, he has filled Carlilse hole, (not as talented but better attitude) and his punching is excellent. and as forward entries slow down due to our maturing midfield and increased pressure on entries, he will be able to take marks as well.
Speaking of buckets, I look forward next year when we play saints, with Francis kicking few goals. It will look like we got a great deal, esp with Hartley at half Buckets’ price. Joe kicking 5 on him will be icing!

Next step is to add more attack to his game.

Better than Hooker was at the same age. Arguably has more upside too with that super boot of his.

Remarkable spoiling. Counted at least five that would have gone 20 metres off his fist and he was actually taking the ■■■■ when he was directing them down or players throats late in the game. Love his work.

Funny story about Nina. She was a bit before my time so I didn’t really know who she was, but my older brother (by 10 years) and his mates were fans, and one of his mates (let’s call him Kev) was particularly obsessed with her during the 80’s.

Anyway, fast forward to about 2010 and my brother was in the USA attending some kind of new age sexuality course/workshop that Nina was either running or presenting at. My bro asked her afterward for a video message for Kev and she was more than happy to play along - while her mouth was full (not my brother). She even made references to the fire department where Kev works, it was hilarious, and Kev is forever grateful.

his spoils form Saints kick ins were worthy of, possibly more valuable, than kicks. Not sure why that isn’t tried more often. 20m chaos balls back inside 50 are as good as a blind kick, and sometimes better as it means the opposition can’t claim an uncontested mark.

You're forgiven ... IF you tell us your fave tipple.

O/wise, fk off.

Can’t remember which one, but one of the Tassie whiskeys is beyond a shadow of a doubt the smoothest I have ever tried. Imbibed a small sample at Salamanca markets at about 9 in the morning and could have sworn it was water it was that smooth. Unfortunately at $160 for 500ml it was beyond my meager budget.

That would be Nant.
Larkin also very very good.

… so I’m told

Is that Larkin or Lark Boot? I seem to remember them offering a taste of Rum and Gin but itwasn’t the Sullivans Cove tent. I remember them talking up their product and trying it after the previous and thinking that it was a lot rougher. Looking at their websites, I think it may have been the Lark Whiskey, but if the Nant stacks up against it, either would be brilliant.

Lark that would be Mr Ban.
■■■■■■ auto correct and inattentive Boot.

That spoil to Zac Merrett in the last was amazing. He was super all day. The frustration on his face when he was occasionally beaten shows what a competitor he is. So glad we have found a rock solid KP player. Ambrose is also doing a super job assisting down back.

With Ambroses tank I reackon we have a great lock down defender/tagger. Can you imagine Sam Mitchell’s face when Ambrose lines up next to him with that steely grin or terror.

The Golden Fist.