#37 Nic Martin - all of the extension, pls

I was just thinking this before I opened this thread.

Nic much more complete package rifht now than Perkins at this time but all blitz goes on about is Perkins.

1 Like

Itā€™s unfortunate about Cox and Reid but yeah in facts, Martin is better than all of them since mid season drafted

1 Like

He wasnā€™t mid season drafted, but yes Martin is the most promising young player on our listā€¦ facts

2 Likes

Middle of the financial year season.

4 Likes

How do you see him improving?

Iā€™m not sure that his handballing from a chair skills are good enough to be the best.

Is that a Tsatas or Clakko type chair?

Hire this mans fitness coach that he used over the pre season.

3 Likes

His game is pretty good. I just think he needs some more strength and conditioning. Heā€™s quite a powerful runner, but funds it difficult to break tackles.

1 Like

Martin
followed closesly by VOSS & Tsatas

Heā€™s very nearly the complete package offensively. As with most players on the list, needs work on his defensive game.
He finds space so instinctively, but that can hurt you when the ball is turned over. Must be one of the harder talents to deprogram.
I think that with time heā€™ll read the game better as to when to break and when to zone off. Made a rundown tackle or two this year which is a good sign.
As mentioned above, add some strength to his frame and no reason he canā€™t consistently be a top 5 bnf player.

2 Likes

With that said, his defensive game is better than most of our midfield

4 Likes

JET

5 Likes

Utter Jet

1 Like

Weā€™ve essingtonā€™d him

Used to be the most reliable kick into the f50, now half are turnovers

Our skills coaches are so ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  terrible

Glides through traffic with supreme confidence.

13 Likes

I thought his ball winning and movement through traffic was a huge step up this week after a couple of flat weeks, but strangely some uncharacteristic kicking errors. Excellent game overall though. Bizarre to think heā€™s this good and wasnā€™t on an AFL list at all 15 months ago.

16 Likes

Early on when the defence was getting pummeled he was dropping back to get us out of the ā– ā– ā– ā– . So classy in traffic which made the difference.l.

5 Likes

I didnt think that was an excellent game from him, he and Langford honestly almost cost us the victory with their uncharacteristic turnovers in the last.

Ill chalk it down to fatigue and forget about it, doesnt change the fact heā€™s a gun.

4 Likes

You donā€™t remember the pass to weed

I hear you are popular in the Beas Scott thread at the moment