#37 Nic Martin - all of the extension, pls

he had a few skill errors but he did plenty right tonight.

3 Likes

This ā€¦ I thought both of them were off the boil tonight. We just beat Richmond missing out FF, FB and our Centreman AND also had 5 or 6 guys that were a bit down. Think on that in the context of winning a few on the trot in the next month

5 Likes

Geez Martin and Durham are a great combo of wingers.

13 Likes

Played awesome, gut ran all night

Kicking was horrid at times tonight but the way he glides through traffic is a joy to watch

7 Likes

Heā€™s a very good mick generally. Heā€™s a beautiful footballer. A great selection.

2 Likes

The way he moved through traffic last night made me think maybe he would be a good addition on the inside.
Gave me Pendlebury vibes.

3 Likes

Wonder if he nailed that kick to Walla.

Would that have been a behind and 4 pt loss?

Itā€™s only a few of those high-risk centering kicks which arenā€™t hitting targets each week that are holding him back from being a genuine star. His clean hands and movement around traffic are some of the best in the league. Keeps backing himself which is the clearest sign that heā€™ll be a gun for 6+ years.

I thought he was very very good. Massive work rateand is improving defensively. I think he was a bit fatauged at times which effected a few kicks. But consitoring how many afl games his played his a star

1 Like

Heā€™s a very good player, I like when he gets near it, usually something good happens

1 Like

He nails those three kicks inside 50 and it elevates his game to another level.

Heā€™s another pre-season off IMO. Going to be a player.

5 Likes

No problems with his offensive game, even with a few missed kicks.
But I watched a few times where he pretty much either gave up on pressuring a Richmond player or only gave a half hearted half paced jog to corral him. He has to learn to go hard when the opposition has the ball and he can either affect the kick or stop the player from having time to look and use the ball to advantage. It looks mental. He didnā€™t look tired or slow, just not putting in hard.

2 Likes

Without checking you claim he has a DE of 50%.
Without checking l reckon you are wrong, and have displayed your lack of football knowledge again.

1 Like

How fit is this guy? He seems to be everywhere at once. Itā€™s great

Yes unusual for him doesnā€™t miss to many targets bout did on Sat nite.

Biggest bargain recruit since Merrett.

1 Like

This is my knock on Nick (and Perkins)

2 Likes

Just a bit more strength and Marto will be elite for mine.

2 Likes

Needs a contract extension this year with West Coast circling.

3 Likes