#37 Nic Martin - all of the extension, pls

why has this guy’s development stagnated? where is his best position? he’s gone backwards and now looks average as hell

sorry just getting my post for 2024 ready

27 Likes

I imagine this is how freo fans felt when they picked up Michael Barlow

14 Likes

Except the whole long term injury issues. You want to wait till the form is cemented but not too long that you risk and big injury and he get low balled.

If I was his manager I’d be going for a renegotiation of his current year with another add-on and a trigger third on even more cash. No way I’d be letting him earn minimum money anymore this season when he is playing this well. Salary cap would be the only issue, but I don’t think Essendon are tapped on this one, so you might find it’s an easy quick cash win for the kid since we won’t play finals and a few performance contract guys like Stringer are not playing.

Why 2024? He started with 27 possessions and 5 goals, has gone dramatically backwards since then.

3 Likes

I believe it was also mentioned that WC only saw him as a forward whereas we saw potential in him to get further up the ground and wanted him to get his km up to play as a hf/wing.

Clearly West Coke also failed to to a proper background check re Martin.
If they had they may have discovered his rhythmic gymnastics background, and realised that’d make all the difference in pressure situations.

4 Likes

Massive from an elite performance standpoint… you only get one shot in rhythmic

5 Likes

I can confirm from a source he wasn’t very good apparently in his early to mid teenage years and one game it turn around for him and he got a lucky break and never looked back

I might have seen a photo of that break out performance.

6 Likes

ribbon plus moon walking

NM ribbon routine

25 Likes

Good that he wore zinc cream indoors.

But then, some wear dark glasses indoors.

Is it me or does he have this kent look to him

Clark Kent?

2 Likes

■■■■

Some also wear them at night.

Had to get my dad joke quota up for the week.

1 Like

I didn’t know what to expect from this kid at the beginning, but now I’m super excited

40 Likes

He’s already better than Langford

6 Likes

so far it just seems like he makes the right decisions and is clean.

Hope he keeps number 37 forever.

2 Likes

Seems to be playing on instinct. Hope it continues.