#37 Nic Martin - all of the extension, pls

So there is a bloke worse at list management and recruiting than what we (most of the time) think Dodo is?

Excellent !!

Subi coach thought he would go ok

Essendon to Martin

4 Likes

Why would they have Laverde say it??

24 Likes

However long this guy is signed on for, DOUBLE IT! Now!

2 Likes

Martin has come way further back than the great man J Hird, and he’s already showing just as much if not more in his third game in.

I love it the club has found one.

Find some more!!!

We had 5 players Sunday who come from either SSP or MSD - Snelling, Durham, Waterman, Tex and Martin.

8 Likes

And played Baldwin rd1

1 Like

Interesting to look through the early posts in the pre-season-supplemental thread when Martin was first mentioned about training with us - it wasn’t really clear what differentiated him and what he would add.

But once he started playing those pre-season matches his qualities stood out. And the strengths that posters highlighted have continued in his AFL games.

He took his opportunity to be on an AFL list and hasn’t taken a step backwards.

He’d be on a one year minimum chips deal as a guess. I wonder how hard the WA clubs will come for him at years end?

Hopefully we’ll sort that out in short order.

1 Like

should have added bull fighting given his spanish descent.

Well edited article.
Mentions 2 of my favourites. Nick Martin and Alex Waterman.

Hope he tells the Weagles to ■■■■ off if they DO come for him given they’ve ended up filling half their list with ammos level top ups after blowing a chance to to have Martin on their list.

2 Likes

He’s been on such a journey to get where he is this young man and it all started as a junior at Tomato Lake Callisthenics before in Noranda he mastered the five elements: rope, hoop, clubs and despite his proficiency with the ball, Nic loved the ribbon most of all.

#rhythmicgymnasticsbackground

10 Likes

Yes.
It’s a pity he doesn’t like to talk about this much, but it’s clearly had an influence on how he plays football.

2 Likes

Reminiscent of Hird and his junior ballet

You’d have to think he is about to get a good offer to extend his contract. I would be very happy to see a 3 year deal, but expect a 2 year.

You would be crazy of you were his agent to renew now. Kid has killed it. You renew, at the absolute earliest 3/4 quarters of the way through the year just before first year fatigue hits. Otherwise back his fitness in and field offers before taking the best back to the club with 15% mayo on top.

Even then only renew for 2 years max to increase earning potential.

2 Likes

Shows how poor our national draft selections have been.