#37 Nic Martin - all of the extension, pls

having a runway from 60 out to kick it from 45 out and stalling, looking left and right, then getting tackled from behind isn’t about being cooked, it’s about poor coaching.

He got the Cox treatment this year. Left to blow himself up on a wing without respite. He should have been playing more games from the HFF when langford got back on field.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he had a similar 2nd season to Cox

1 Like

Good to see him putting in some fkn work voluntarily! Hope he explodes and reaches new heights next season

34 Likes

Cox and Reid should be there too, lazy skinny carnts.

4 Likes

Personally, I do not

1 Like

maybe he actually wants to get the best out of himself?!

maybe essington hasn’t claimed his scalp just yet…

5 Likes

Hes just getting real fit for when he returns to West Coast as a bona fide gun midfielder

3 Likes

Future captain.

Kid is a ■■■■■■■ gem. Next coach that comes in needs to take this image to the playing group and say…“Are you hear to ■■■■ spiders or do you want to be successful? Because this is exactly what you need to be doing…not floundering around in Spain eating ■■■■■■■ empanadas and necking Estrella”

1 Like

SACK MURPHY

1 Like

Yeah how dare the players want a rest from footy!

How dare they not live eat and breathe football for 365 days a year!!

Cmon mate. They absolutely need the small break they get, even just mentally it is so necessary.

4 Likes

What a brilliant user.
If Parish stays, he needs to look to Nic to take the ball inside 50 ( and Massimo) . Nic is not as small as he looks. He is not fast, but I only ever saw him caught once this season. He has that Pendlebury “time dilation” ability, so I think if they build up his strength a bit, so he can tackle and play in a bit tighter it will help his outside game which is very very promising.

3 Likes

Fark, Ibiza has changed since I was last there.

6 Likes

I think he went to one centre choice for the year, I wouldn’t mind seeing him at a few more to see what can happen

While I agree with you in some respects, an outside player eg winger is not expected to get involved in the contest, unless they find themselves in a one on one. The role often involves running up and down the fat side, getting into an attacking position . but yes, he will need to make tackling more part of his game and that involves a lot of gym work.

https://tv.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/9c590408-16a1-4558-8b60-cc67248eacba

1 Like

I’m not saying they can’t have a break, but I think the media has a point with Essendon sticking around to watch or even attend some finals to see just how far away we are.

They’ve just seen another coach sacked and the club ripped apart and they were one of the main contributors. Those last two matches were just utterly deplorable. They started their holidays 3 weeks before the season ended.

I know everyone hates comparisons - but i really just see so much Bontempelli in Marto.

Will never be a contested beast like Cripps is, but I have no doubt he has the skill set to mix it inside and spread from the contest, and hit the scoreboard!

1 Like

So despite the club breaking the psychological contract with them in one of the worst ways possible, you want to force them to hang around just to physically be at a finals game (NB: at least some of them were watching multiple games live) in the same vibe as what the crows did post-GF loss? How is that productive?

Multiple Collingwood players have said this year that McRae taking away the stress and anxiety that organically comes from footy and the media circus has been a key driver of their success this year - what possible benefit could come from forcing the players to hang around the city for a few extra weeks, other than rubbing their noses in what they couldn’t achieve this year?

1 Like

Jesus christ dude

8 Likes

His tackle count (1.7) at least is basically the same as guys like Ed Langdon (1.4) and Isaac Smith (1.2), who are good players playing the same role well at good teams. More wouldn’t hurt, but it’s not a massive weakness.

5 Likes