#37 Nic Martin - all of the extension, pls

He’s training like Pat Voss summoned him to a boxing match during the pre-season.

BIG. BODIED. MID.

15 Likes

I’ve also had an increase in size of approximately 32% after watching that.

9 Likes

He’ll come back swol and have forgotten how to kick.

3 Likes

The Adam McPhee wing role :raised_hands:

Ok throw him in the square Stringer forward. might have to push Cox or Davey onto the wing.

Yep, the opposite of Durham who can hurt very hard but misses just often

This dude getting the #5?

6 Likes

I came here also to suggest he’d look good in #5

1 Like

#33 I reckon.

2 Likes

Have no concerns that Martin will prepare himself well in the off-season and continue to improve in 2023.

8 Likes

Dare I say 26 might suit as well if BBB wanted to move up a few to 18.

1 Like

BBB throwing me thinking of Begley, not Baldwin

Yeah, the boy worked on his fitness under instructions prior to getting here, so it bodes well for a dedicated attitude to pre-season.

Lots to be excited about next season and he’s right up there.

5 Likes

Get excited people

IT IS approaching 7am on a Thursday morning when Trent Rivers, Nic Martin, Jake Pasini and Shannon Neale file into a Canning Vale garage in Perth’s southern suburbs ready for a physical workout that will leave them seeing stars.

Draft hopeful Chase Bourne is joining them, Luke Jackson and Trey Ruscoe will follow, while Shai Bolton, Sean Darcy, Caleb Serong and close to 20 other AFL players have sessions to come with Gerard Majda, aka personal trainer Body Majic.

Elite football is a results-based industry, and that’s what has brought this group of players together with Majda. They’ve either seen results themselves or in their teammates and want to transform physically this off-season.

Some, like Martin, have done just that with Majda’s help, adding significant size and muscle and improving his weightlifting by 60 per cent since the season ended.

42 Likes

he’s making the most of his AFL opportunity

20 Likes

Sack Murphy and hire this bloke

6 Likes

So long as he doesn’t break him, “The Weapon” style.
That’s always my fear when players put on bulk and muscle.

I reckon across the league more and more it’ll start happening, players will start going to outside sources, similar to american sports people.

interesting how it plays out too, I’m for players doing it, however there’s also a very big chance/likelyhood something happens by accident and ■■■■ hits the fan. long term injury, or an accidental or not so accidental “substance” being used.

but good on the kid (and the others) for taking their “job” seriously enough to go down this path.

7 Likes

Players having been hooking up with PTs, boxing gyms, athletic coaches etc for many years. This is nothing new.

I’m sure the players who are doing all the extra work outside of the constraints of the EBA or reaping the benefits.

Great to hear Nic is taking it upon himself to improve his game. He’s going to be a special player for us.

6 Likes

Gerard Healy is not going to like this one little bit.

16 Likes