#38 Cody Brand

There’s possibly a small Tasmanian connection here. He’s got local aboriginal heritage with the Ben Lomond people by way of his grandfather, if I’ve spoken to the right people.

Tony brand captained the northern bombers who were the robins back then, and later Rocherlea in the amateurs. I saw him knock out, actually it’s be easier to say who he didn’t knock out back then. Gave 1000 mile stares fashionability.

Anyway they are the spit visually, apart from the Flanders mo. If he shares any traits hopefully sociopathy features in a footballing sense.

I’ll level with you I have no proof they are related, but it’s a ripping yarn non the less.

7 Likes

From the very little snippets I’ve seen of Brand, I feel like he reminds me of a Steven May “type”. A big strong close-checking defending style with a long boot. Thoughts?

1 Like

Gee from the pre draft level of conditioning to new is a remarkable change. Kid seems to be putting in the work. Good news is he hasn’t broken in the process like Francis.

4 Likes

Absolute. He looks and seems the goods.
So, fast forward to 2024 …

FB to FF: Ridley, Brand, Merrett, Harry J, Baldwin
R: Big Sammy and Nick Bryan
RR: Caldwell and TBC
Rovers/on ballers: MCG/Parish

Just saying … a great young athletic spine of a team awaits us. Our future has never been brighter.

Ridley ain’t a FB/CHB

1 Like

Yep. Definitely a Michael Pryor lookalike.

We don’t have rovers, ruck rovers or spines in footy any more.
Instead we have structures, connections, running patterns and covid safe protocols.

2 Likes

Of course we do … how neanderthal of me.

I have no idea how he’s travelling but he’s in the unique position of me liking him cause of his heritage and me not liking much of the Iron Lady at the moment.

I shouldn’t call ZT that because at least Margaret made firm decisions.

I don’t expect anyone to understand me as usual but whatever.

I don’t. Did you ever validate his granddad was/is in fact Tony Brand?

Who?

This kid is good at football.

3 Likes

This fellow surprised me, looks the goods.

Can see him getting a few games at the end of the year.

5 Likes

Definitely been impressive thus far.
I think a debut sometime this year should definitely be on the cards.

2 Likes

How did he play? Good interceptor or more lockdown?

I would say the former, but I most liked his work when the ball is in dispute and he needs to mop up, which is where the Fletch comparisons come from for me

1 Like

Would he offer more to the side in 2023? If so, get him 15 games in the seniors in 2022.

1 Like

Brand just needs to keep building up his tank.

He is a natural defender, and really good with ball in hand.

6 Likes

Didn’t see yesterdays game but can he be any worse than Stewart?

2 Likes

I don’t think he is ready yet.

2 Likes