#38 Komzi

The problem with him is that when we train and/or play in the super wet he ties his hair up.

We don't do that at Essendon

Needs to kick goals if he is going to play forward. Yet another EFC forward who does not impact the scoreboard. Love his pressure and desperation, but that just isn't enough. Really hope he takes another step next season.

Jeez bit harsh, how many first year players can you say have had a better first year than him?
The heart, mind and attitude are there his footballing skills will follow.

Imagine Paul Chapman and Nick Kommer working together?

Picked up the pace of the game surprisingly well and made some crucial plays in a few of our close wins.

Hopefully another pre-season will build his tank and if we get some semblance of a functioning forwardline setup the goals will come.

Loved this guy from the first time I saw him play....no frills but bucketloads of endeavour...never stops trying whatever the game situation.

Will be the most suspended player in the AFL next year

Was on the bandwagon from day 1. I also have witnesses to prove that in Kozza and Fairybread

Who cares who starts a bandwagon as long as those who hop on don’t jump off.

In relation to , , I think he’s a bit of a weirdo, but he’s our weirdo which is cool :slight_smile:

We greatly benefit from another pre season.

Is limited but will still add something to.the team for years to come

I think he is selected to send a message about the requisite standard of intensity/physical commitment to some of our other players who are more skilled with the ball in hand.

I am hoping those other players respond, rather than expecting Kommer to become a consistent goal-kicker.

I said during the season that one of the things I like about Kommer, is that he invariably chooses the right option, then hits his target. I don't have or know his stats on this front, but I reckon while his overall disposal numbers aren't huge, his disposal efficiency would be pretty high. He doesn't try to do too much with the ball, so instead of trying to deliver the 1 in 100 lace out pass over 70 metres like some may try, he settles for the gentle ■■■■ over 30. It is one of the reasons he had a fairly decent goal assist record this year. Love the kid, and think with a full preseason behind him, I think he will continue to convert the unbelievers amongst us. All hail the Kommer

Terrific debut season. Love his kamikaze attitude on field. Just needs to get his hands on pill/hit scoreboard more, hopefully will do so next season.

kommerkazie. goes in hard like the Pev used but better disposal. Looking forward to next year

A real terrier and his first season statistics when compared with Paul Puopolo who plays a similar role at The Dawks are very close. Kommer 19gms 10 gls, Puopolo 20gms 8gls in 2011. Interesting to see how season two goes (Puopolo had 21gms 24gls in 2012). 

The difference is, Kommer acts like a bit of a ■■■■ on the field and gives away some frees, whilst Puopolo acts like a bit of a ■■■■ (*cough* ducker *cough*) and gets given frees.

I know who I'd prefer. It's the guy who goes into 2 on 1 situations with no chance of winning the ball... and wins the freaking ball. Add some goals to that and he goes from great to have around to indispensable.

A real terrier and his first season statistics when compared with Paul Puopolo who plays a similar role at The Dawks are very close. Kommer 19gms 10 gls, Puopolo 20gms 8gls in 2011. Interesting to see how season two goes (Puopolo had 21gms 24gls in 2012). 

The difference is, Kommer acts like a bit of a ■■■■ on the field and gives away some frees, whilst Puopolo acts like a bit of a ■■■■ (*cough* ducker *cough*) and gets given frees.

I know who I'd prefer. It's the guy who goes into 2 on 1 situations with no chance of winning the ball... and wins the freaking ball. Add some goals to that and he goes from great to have around to indispensable.

So who are you saying you want?

He's a midfielder for me. That's where we get best value. 

Reckon he's going to get punched, a lot. Loves a yap, loves it!

Players walk taller with him in the team.

Is something I can envision being said MANY times over the course of his career.

The kid has IT. His follow up second, third and fourth efforts were amazing this year. With some more size and a bigger tank this year he should spend some time in the middle.

Seems to have been universally voted by the players as the most annoying person in the lockeroom...

Likes lots of photos of chicks in bikinis on Instagram.