#38 Komzi

hes like the little dog in the cartoons that nags that big dog till he cracks it and goes "shut up" whack 

my mates and i have named him dot com cause he seems to be everywhere

IMO he's more likely to develop in to a midfielder/tagger rather than a small forward role.

I like this. Like Sam Lonergan but god doesn't have it in for him.
He's like Sam Lonergan in that he's got two legs and two arms
I dunno - Lonergan had the "dive on a grenade" selflessness and repeat efforts, dinky little kicks, handballs out of packs while legs full of lactic acid are collapsing beneath him thing going on, as well as the occasional goal from the pocket. It's not a ridiculous comparison.
But I've got higher hopes for Kommer cos nothing ever seemed to go Lonergan's way....always the wrong bounce, always outnumbered, always playing under Knights or for Richmond....
And thanks Albert for the illuminating lead.

Lonergan is one of the all time worst runners I've seen at Essendon. Loved his attack on the pill but how many times would he be leading clearances at quarter time, then not get another one and only get 2-3 more kicks the rest of the game?
I'm not *really* sure what else he could've gotten out of himself or how he was held back. Other than genetics/body shape.

Absolutely love his attitude, his willingness to make 3-4 efforts in a contest, plus he has great pace and knows how to make a tackle and lay a bump. Clearly a cult hero and a bloke you’d love to play alongside.

All that said, if he’s to hold his spot as a regular senior player, he needs to add a couple more strings to his bow IMO. Obviously goal kicking is one of them; even though he’s in the side for his defensive pressure, we can’t have him going 6-7 games in a row without hitting the scoreboard.

Also, whilst he already has a terrific defensive mindset and hunger to chase, tackle, etc, he was actually beaten quite regularly when given the job of tagging the oppositions best rebounding defender. I’m not sure if comes down to focus, endurance or simply just lack of experience in the role, but if he can become a reliable negater in the forward half, he’ll make himself a seriously valuable component of the senior side.

Basically, improve on your offensive game and kick more goals and/or improve on your defensive game and become a reliable shut-down player. He has the tools and the hunger to develop quickly in both these areas, I’m just looking forward to seeing his development over the next couple of seasons. So far, so good though.

IMO he's more likely to develop in to a midfielder/tagger rather than a small forward role.

I like this. Like Sam Lonergan but god doesn't have it in for him.
He's like Sam Lonergan in that he's got two legs and two arms
I dunno - Lonergan had the "dive on a grenade" selflessness and repeat efforts, dinky little kicks, handballs out of packs while legs full of lactic acid are collapsing beneath him thing going on, as well as the occasional goal from the pocket. It's not a ridiculous comparison.
But I've got higher hopes for Kommer cos nothing ever seemed to go Lonergan's way....always the wrong bounce, always outnumbered, always playing under Knights or for Richmond....
And thanks Albert for the illuminating lead.

Lonergan is one of the all time worst runners I've seen at Essendon. Loved his attack on the pill but how many times would he be leading clearances at quarter time, then not get another one and only get 2-3 more kicks the rest of the game?
I'm not *really* sure what else he could've gotten out of himself or how he was held back. Other than genetics/body shape.

You are right. Given Robert Harvey's tank he could've been a regular for years, bad luck or no. I guess I just empathised with him cos I've never been able to run out a game (or half), no matter how much running I do on my own time. And when you're buggered the ball always bounces the wrong way.

Just having a run in the UFC on fuel tv