#38 Komzi

He gets rubbed out for 3 (4?) weeks for hitting someone on the head with his ■■■■ and was robbed of participating in our ANZAC day win.

It was his 3rd farking game.....

He is definately a no frills player.  Has a touch of the mongrel about it.  I also think he would make a ■■■■■■ good tagger,  something akin to the Crowley model. 

Hope he can add some strength and step it up this year.  Would also be handy if he could kick a few more goals.  I think Chapman will mentor him and if this happens the improvement will come.  Go ,

I don't know how to embed a vimeo video, but here he is with a mate doing some golf tricks that make you hate talented people.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2013-11-06/nick-kommers-very-cool-golf-tricks

Get a job you talented bastards.

19910817_skinner.jpg

With size and a tank he could be anything, that kind of attack on the footy and second third fourth efforts is very rare!

I don't know how to embed a vimeo video, but here he is with a mate doing some golf tricks that make you hate talented people.

Sorta sad that the AFL site just rips it off his instagram and posts it as "news"

Sorta sad that the AFL site just rips it off his instagram and posts it as "news"

Meh, at least it wasn't a story about some players hat.

Meh, at least it wasn't a story about some players hat.

or beard

So do we think Kommer will keep his spot in the 22? That is will he improve or will he fail to get games in his 2nd year like Magner and Calinan and a couple of other mature age draftees (I cant remember of the top of my head) who starred in year 1 but then weren’t given a sniff after that.

A few people i have spoken to believe Kommer got through a season with a state league body and fitness base. This guy with proper development and Bombers direction /chapmans help with his body on body work, he could improve immensely.

19910817_skinner.jpg

is that hacksaw Jim Duggan?

Nup, it's Skinner.  Real name Steve Keirn from memory.

So do we think Kommer will keep his spot in the 22? That is will he improve or will he fail to get games in his 2nd year like Magner and Calinan and a couple of other mature age draftees (I cant remember of the top of my head) who starred in year 1 but then weren't given a sniff after that.

Kommer is a walk up start to our team. He does the things that Coaches absolutely freaking love.

I honestly think Kommer has more improvement in him, some people say he doesn't kick enough goals as a small forward but his priority has been to play the defensive forward role.

Has the discipline to play a role and stick to it, he is a lock for best 22.

Sure, but all forwards have to play a defensive forward role these days. The game has changed and HFFs have to defend as much as they attack now, it's fine to have a good defensive side but if Kommer doesn't improve his offensive side he will need to be overtaken by a kid for us to be a genuine finals threat.

I like the intensity he brings, but he either turns from a 2008 defensive "role player" into a 2014 balanced HFF or he needs to be replaced.

IMO he's more likely to develop in to a midfielder/tagger rather than a small forward role.

IMO he's more likely to develop in to a midfielder/tagger rather than a small forward role.

I like this. Like Sam Lonergan but god doesn't have it in for him.

He's like Sam Lonergan in that he's got two legs and two arms

I have the feeling the gods have it in for Essendon in general, with some of our best players being crucially injured in their prime (eg Coleman, Daniher, Watson, Hird, to name a few).

Manichaeists would understand why this happens. 

He's like Sam Lonergan in that he's got two legs and two arms

I dunno - Lonergan had the "dive on a grenade" selflessness and repeat efforts, dinky little kicks, handballs out of packs while legs full of lactic acid are collapsing beneath him thing going on, as well as the occasional goal from the pocket. It's not a ridiculous comparison.

But I've got higher hopes for Kommer cos nothing ever seemed to go Lonergan's way....always the wrong bounce, always outnumbered, always playing under Knights or for Richmond....

And thanks Albert for the illuminating lead.