Big Sammy Draper - #1 ruckman now #2 (Part 1)

Saints meeting with Draper today.

A saints official had this to say “Sam being at Essendon doesn’t understand the rich history we have here at the Saints. Essendon’s 16 premiership cups pales into insignificance compared to our spoon collection which currently sits at 27. We have great plans to increase this collection over the coming years, but we have some competition from a persistent Carlton outfit who are making a late charge. Fark Carlton.”

Essendon officials are confident of retaining Sam, by offering future success, spongy floors and a truckload of cheaply imported furniture. Sam was close to debuting this year, until injuring his knee in the VFL.

John Worsfold had this to say about the young Ruckman. “Sam’s a fine young player still learning our game plan. Once Sam learns to play our game plan and begins playing our game the way we want to play our game, we will become a great team. To become a great team, it takes time, I’ve really only been in the Essendon job for 2 years, well actually more like 18 months, if that! Actually we brought in some new players this year, so it’s really only been 1 year, then we had injuries and don’t forget the learning and winning. We want to play a game of footy that wins a premiership without playing finals. We are on track to become a great team real soon. Everyone I speak to who knows what it takes to build a premiership team knows it takes time, look at Buckley and Hardwick, people wanted them gone, they look ridiculous now, we’ll not ridiculous but real silly. I’m confident our game plan will stand up and believe I should be given more time. We are still learning to become a great team. We have some great leaders at the club and some exciting kids who will play when they are in their late 20’s, because they need protection, much like our supporters who want fast success, but with me as coach for only 3 weeks, it’s hard to build and learn success with new players and Buckley, and strong leadership more time game plan play the way we want to play need more time”

Essendon officials had this to say “ “

37 Likes