#40 Ben Howlett - Delisted

would be interesting to know why he missed a couple of games now. If it was cos he wasn't performing to the standard they wanted, surprise surprise look what happens when you drop someone in that situation.

If it was for other reasons, well to bad i'm going with my theory.

I spoke to him the other night and I did ask if it was an injury and he said no but he was just rested. But don't know if I believe it. But whatever it was he looks the goods since coming back! 

Bomber said they put him through a mini pre season

Needs to bring atleast 80% of that every time he steps out on the park.

Will be one if the seasons great mysteries how he didn’t get the boomerang last night.

Solid with a bit of speed, great game last night.

Will be one if the seasons great mysteries how he didn't get the boomerang last night.

If he brings 80% of that every game, he will win the Coleman AND the Brownlow!!!

Jobe, Benny & BJ had a 3 way tie for the award. BJ won on count back....don't ask me how.

Will be one of the seasons great mysteries how he didn't get the not-even-vaguely-a-boomerang last night.

Fixed.

Oh, and I‘m not sure 55 goals will win the Coleman. It could win the Brownlow and would win the Norm Smith, though.

Also, we would finally know how good Pazza could have been if he hadn‘t wasted 80% of the opportunities that arrived at his desk.

The way he swung around on his left and snapped showed elite skills. Show us more Benny! 

Always like his work!!

Last 5 bomber players to kick 5 goals anyone?

Howlett

Bellcho
??
Watch the game again, could also give him 3.5 goal assists (one just missed)
This was an elite game from Benny

B grade players can't do that
I think he's going to have an awesome year.

Hurley Kicked 5 once or twice

He has to back it up against a side with a worse defence than Richmond.

Has to back up a 5 goal game?

Has to back up a 5 goal game?

He doesn't have to kick 5 goals. It is more the intent and effort that wasn't there in the first 9 rounds(except for one piece of play). Just needs to show it wasn't a one off. He's been ■■■■ all year bar now.

Ben played a really good game, I'm really happy for him. He hinted at his potential "beast-mode" during the pre-season, so it's good to see him deliver on that promise.

I've been saying for a while he has struggled to stand out and so has been on the outer for most fans, which can happen with mature age recruits (they have to earn their bandwagon).

I think this game will stick in peoples minds and he won't be the 'easy decision' to drop whenever our other mids are all fit.

And with a nose for goal and a willingness to tackle he could be a pretty good replacement for Chappy or Licha on a fwd flank.

That goal where he roved the pack, sidestepped the Tigers players and snapped on his left was all fkn class.  Certainly knows where the goals are. 
Love that is was noted his nickname was Bobcat in an article over weekend, as he is just a little brute who smashes into packs.  Hadnt heard that before. So good.

He played like a Sydney player on the weekend (that is a compliment) Next challenege

To see that level of tenacity every week! Happy to be proved wrong Binny!

This game will be like adelaide last year, everyone will expect more of it and it won't come. He's a good honest footballer that gives his all, nothing more nothing less, revaluate your expectations.

He played very well against Collingwood and could easily extend his form for the rest of the season, give him a chance.

He was far and away BOG against Tigers.

This game will be like adelaide last year, everyone will expect more of it and it won't come. He's a good honest footballer that gives his all, nothing more nothing less, revaluate your expectations.

I agree to an extent.

I think part of his problem is that once he picks up a niggle his form seems to taper away.

He has a massive tank, is deceptively quick and a great tackler. But he has no real slack available to him for a drop off in intensity. Once he is 5% off, he goes back to MR 10-15 touches aka Lonergan MkII.Only difference is that he has that extra gear that Lonergan could never find as he has shown in a few matches now.

Just hope he can keep it up. Is hitting his prime now in terms of games and age.