#40 Ben Howlett - Delisted

he’ll be dropped. his attack on man was good early but that was all we got from him today. not enough. I’d prefer play a kid if that’s all we can expect.

Spent force if he ever was…spud.

No idea why we bought him back in in any sense of the word.

Worsfold is becoming an expert at losing games on a Thursday night.

You really shouldn’t talk about yourself like that.

He might be spent, but spud is a ridiculous comment…poor form mate

3 Likes

Unfortunately he is beyond cooked. Taking the spot of a kid ATM

Good bloke but finished

Benny is what he always was - a depth player. When we had no forwards he would spend time up there, have the occasional bag, and people would forget that most weeks he got none and when in the centre he just doesn’t get it enough and have enough impact. He’s more talented that 99% of the population, but just not quite up to AFL level for a team who wants to go anywhere. When he plays VFL, he looks great.

I was staggered in 2014 we convinced him to stay rather than being traded, and he really hasn’t done anything to change my mind since. Been a great servant to the club, but surely in his last year. I think he was the only returning player to be given a one year contract.

3 Likes

Love him but he just doesn’t give us enough, unfortunately. Effort is always great but doesn’t have enough tricks for a bloke who only finds it a dozen times a game.

Happy we gave him his chance after some stellar footy in the VFL but it’s time to have a look at kids like Langford, Mutch, Begley, etc ahead of him now.

1 Like

As opposed to his previous appearances in the seniors this year, I thought he deserved his place.
However Id have to say on performance today and previous performances he is there for depth only.

We might as well go for Langford as he is younger and has more upside.

This is spot on. Really, anyone getting upset with Howlett, I mean what did you expect? he has given the exact same output his whole career and that is 100% effort but just not up to it. Tries his guts out but in reality has only played this many games due to our limitations. I suspect our desire for him to stay post 2014 was based on team culture over individual output, at least I hope so.

1 Like

Struggled for meaningful involvement in the game and didn’t seem to get to many contests.

Struggled for meaningful involvement in the game and didn’t seem to get to many contests … again

Did he have the job on Wines tonight?

Probably goes out for Darce

Did some good things but some awful skill/decision errors streaming forward.

Was ok tonight. Lots of blocks, shepherds etc.

1 Like

I think so too.

He wasn’t terrible all game, he worked very hard, put himself into some good positions, made some very good decision when coming out of the backline. His let down was the kicking into the forward 50.

2 Likes

He sacrificed possesions to do the team things repeatedly. Not in best 22 but will always give everything for the team

5 Likes

For bits of the second half at least - and he was OK when he was on him.

He is just a momentum killer when we have the ball going forward.