#41 Will Hams

HAMS%20Will.png

...2 games

Rapt with how he's travelling, I don't see him being delisted, but I think the 12 returning will block him getting back on the main list short term.
The 12 aren't new to the list, they take up no extra slots unless you think we're taking back guys we shouldn't.

The rookie upgrade opportunities this year are insane, though.

I was thinking today how great is our rookie list at the moment

• Tippa - will be upgraded next year
  • Long - looks like he will make it, fingers crossed he Debuts this year
  • McKenna - I think he will make it, is a contributor at VFL level just needs to get involved more when he gets his chance at AFL, still young and learning the game.
  • Hams - after years of perseverance, has a injury free run at the moment , and is handy in the seniors, and has played so well in reserves has been tagged.
  • Gach - will take time, no hurry to rush, but looks promising & talented.
  • Wallis - Has improved his output this year, contributing more at VFL level, will find out more next year after another pre season.

All these guys could be senior listed in years to come.
Hams is probably the most under threat at the moment.
But he is giving it his best shot.
I guess draft wise, if we upgrade these guys then we go from possibly pick 55 to rookie pick 1. will we miss out on that much?

Hypothetically list wise if the following players are moved on - Gwilt, Cooney, Ashby, Kommer, Edwards
(I see us keeping Ambrose, Hams, Gleeson)
That’s 5 list spots. Tippa upgraded, so 4 list spots & 1 Rookie spot
Picks 1,19,37,55 & Pick 1 Rookie Draft
OR 1,19,37, Pass, PSD Pick 1 & Rookie Draft pick 1.

How many need to be upgraded? E.g hasn’t Long been on the RL for 2 years?

You get 3

Don’t let DJR see those comments.

VFL watchers where is Will at? I only ask because a number of posters are delisting him in theost management thread. I thought his early season form at VFL level was super impressive. But he has fallen off the pace since his 3 game bit part in the seniors.

I think Hams will make it (heh)
He is out of favour here, for some reason, with a few calling for delist - not that what is said on here makes any effin difference.

He is a nuggety in/under with a huge heart. We will hopefully persist, and award him games when he earns it.

Really? He is a keeper imo. Put another 8-10kg on him, give him consistent game time in the 1’s and watch the guy blossom into a very good in and under player.

Every game i have seen him play he always shows something. The guy is tiny and skinny and cracks in as hard as anyone in our team.

Love the kid. Being the sub so many times hasn’t been a great help to him.

Is there a basis for a delist, I though he was travelling ok?

Just blitz logic at the moment…wierd place to be.

No way Will we be delisted. Blitz delusion at its finest.

Joel Sellwood a poor kick - Sellwood is a good kick.

Hams - Can he kick ? Need to see a larger sample.

He’s a lefty, of course he can.

Pev says hi

VFL watchers where is Will at? I only ask because a number of posters are delisting him in theost management thread. I thought his early season form at VFL level was super impressive. But he has fallen off the pace since his 3 game bit part in the seniors.

I think Hams will make it (heh)
He is out of favour here, for some reason, with a few calling for delist - not that what is said on here makes any effin difference.

He is a nuggety in/under with a huge heart. We will hopefully persist, and award him games when he earns it.

Does he have a ceiling higher than being another Sam Lonergan?

Thanks for the feedback. Clearly a disconnect between here and the list management thread. Fingers crossed Will gets some more opportunities before the end of the season.

Hes starting to look like a pretty decent player to me

Rapt with how he's travelling, I don't see him being delisted, but I think the 12 returning will block him getting back on the main list short term.
The 12 aren't new to the list, they take up no extra slots unless you think we're taking back guys we shouldn't.

• McKenna - I think he will make it, is a contributor at VFL level just needs to get involved more when he gets his chance at AFL, still young and learning the game.
  • Hams - after years of perseverance, has a injury free run at the moment , and is handy in the seniors, and has played so well in reserves has been tagged.
  • Wallis - Has improved his output this year, contributing more at VFL level, will find out more next year after another pre season.

I guess draft wise, if we upgrade these guys then we go from possibly pick 55 to rookie pick 1. will we miss out on that much?

Hypothetically list wise if the following players are moved on - Gwilt, Cooney, Ashby, Kommer, Edwards

How many need to be upgraded? E.g hasn’t Long been on the RL for 2 years?

You can probably take Pears out too, as he’s essentially a listed player.

yep forgot him well if Pears is gone/firefighting that’s 4 picks plus PSD pick plus rookie.

BAKED HAM

I'll have an opinion at the end of next season.

Chiseled jaw… mcphee

That contest in the centre v Carlton when we beat them the first time this year, he had to go …knew it would get ugly…he did…it did…but for that one thing he’s ahead of the game for mine.

tf9lkdo.gif

Not only brave, he kept his eye on the ball and tapped it away after the bump. Impressive concentration.