#42 Adam Saad

Confirmation from Herald Sun that we are together with Blues leading for his services.

I am a major fan and it would help facilitate McGrath’s move to the wing. Suns asking price is a second rounder or player.

What do you think?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/gold-coast/afl-trades-carlton-essendon-express-interest-in-gold-coast-speedster-adam-saad/news-story/d1a501366aebf2a78478d8e501d183d5

1 Like

Howlett?

2 Likes

Would give our second rounder in a heartbeat provided it wasn’t used on Stringer in the previous heartbeat.

10 Likes

All over it - rather give 28

Would Colyer be sufficient?

Pick 11 for Saad & pick 19 and pick 19 to the dogs for Stringer.

Two players for one pick and pick 28 to GWS for D.Smith.

After Party at Kittens for Dodoro

22 Likes

Mate, I’m not a herald sun subscriber.

2 Likes

CARLTON and Essendon have emerged as the frontrunners to secure Gold Coast speedster Adam Saad as he explores a return home to Melbourne.

The Suns are understanding of Saad’s family and religious ties which have prompted the explosive backman to strongly consider a move back to Victoria.

But the Blues and Bombers would have to satisfy Gold Coast with a second-round draft pick or equivalent player to seal the deal.

The Coburg product finished 10th in the Suns’ best and fairest in his third AFL season and is currently holidaying in Thailand.

Carlton yesterday confirmed it would seek more information from Saad, and his manager, John Meesen from i50, about his intentions for 2018.

“Obviously we would be interested in talking,” Carlton football manager Andrew McKay said.

“But he has got to make up his mind to be really sure he wants to come home to Melbourne.”

The Blues will be in a stronger position to land Saad, 23, if star midfielder Bryce Gibbs renews his request to be traded to Adelaide, as expected.

The Bombers are reluctant to hand over pick No. 11 for Stringer without getting an early selection back, and will instead push to use its second choice (No. 28) for the All-Australian.

The Dogs have made clear they will not accept a second-round selection for Stringer and will attempt to keep him at the kennel next season without adequate compensation.

1 Like

Pretty simple in my book. Trade pick 11 to dogs for stringer and their picK 26. Trade pick 26 to GC for Saad. Fair all round.

11 Likes

Michael Hartley and Saad are best mates both played at Coburg together

Get him to Essendon Harts

16 Likes

What about 11 for Saad + 24.

And then we tell the Dogs, sorry 24 is the best we can do for Stringer. Didums.

I know we were into Saad last year, but is he actually any good?

1 Like

Next years 2nd for Saad would be enough I reckon

1 Like

Flaming hell yes.

The bloke backs him self him and Irish will cause headaches

15 Likes

Is there anyone Carlton are not into?

10 Likes

Tell me about it.

I’m sold

4 Likes

WANT

2 Likes

It’s funny, with his little legs he doesn’t look that quick, but he’s actually got a long stride and really glides across the ground. Matched Tippa’s closing speed so that says a lot.

2 Likes