#42 Adam Saad

Hammy aside, it was probably his worst game for us today. He has set himself a pretty high bar though.

Mckernan earlier in the year, now Saad. Why was he put back out on the ground?? Identify there’s a hamstring complaint and don’t take the risk. Amateur hour

Parish was out and Francis was in trouble as well. It would.have left us with one on the bench for a lot of the second half and maybe they felt he couldn’t do any more damage being out tjwre as long as he didn’t try to extend himself too much.

No evidence it made it worse. If they took him off we’d probably be in the same situation.

We were 6 goals down in the third quarter. If someone has a hamstring strain, there’s every chance leaving him out there could make it worse

Great bloke.

6 Likes

Legend. Sign up the kid at 1:50…

3 Likes

Yep. Saad has a brother or 2 there. Sign them immediately.

Why do people say things like this?

Like we literally cannot sign up kids under 18. We have a draft system, there is no brother/brother rule.

Ok Mr Pedantic. Just a bit of banter.

2 Likes

r

6 Likes

That’s just Raz getting his confidence up

5 Likes

Team of the week:

2 Likes

Surely this man needs to be in AA discussions. VERY rarely gets beaten by his direct opponent whilst at the same time providing massive drive and run off half back.

What more can you ask for?

2 Likes

You would want to hope so.

1 Like

There is a thing called the NGA though. Most of these kids would likely have one or both parents born in Asia and would, therefore, be eligible to be “signed-up” into that club-based program.

In one corner I think how lucky are we to have gotten Saad for nothing, but in the other corner I think how annoying it was to lose Houli for nothing!

With tackle efforts like those, these kids could play in our seniors. :smile:

2 Likes

Adam Saad
An important player for the Bombers off half-back with his dashing run and exhilarating pace. Saad has enjoyed some standout performances, including against Hawthorn in round 13.

Call Twomey thought he was worth a AA chance

other candidates had - Hurley, Shiel and Hepp - altho noted Hepps year not as good as 2014

Merrrett has turned his season around and probably ends up our Crichton medallist, not sure he has been consistent enough to get a AA nod with so many good mids
Shiel probably finishes second
Saad should finish in the top 3, but deserves AA back pocket in my book.

McDonald Tipungwuti as a small forward - cult hero fan favourite would be good probably doesnt kick enough goals 28 - Charlie Cameron and Michael Walters probably get the nod as small forwards

De Goey a smoky chance to get in there due to hype despite injuries and Stringer almost caught up for goals.

Stringer - I think should be in the discussion for All Australian in 2020 - needs to kick more goals and get injured less. Definetly a commentator favourite
Orazio has been very dissapointing - a big year in front of the sticks and he is a AA Chance

1 Like

Q. How on earth can Saad run at top speed and manage to drop the ball perfectly onto his foot?