#42 Adam Saad

Hopefully you have seen the trick where he shuts down his oponent, it’s actually quite good.

6 Likes

Opposition will plan to stifle the run of he and McKenna as it is one of our main weapons.

They won’t be able to get off the chain easily, but when they do it’ll be great to watch.

1 Like

When it’s tight and constant lock down early on with stoppages, sometimes it takes until after half time for a game to bust wide open up, sometimes even later. When it does Saad and the speedsters really come into play.

I’m not worried.

4 Likes

Was he playing on betts?

Majority of the night

killed him

1 Like

Wasn’t the best game but kept Betts goalless. Can’t ask for more than that.

11 Likes

His speed to the contest was telling on a few occasions

5 Likes

Can most certainly defend.

More than a one trick pony.

4 Likes

Either he was excellent, or Betts is finished.

4 Likes

I think Saad was good, a few things didn’t break Betts’ way, and he was missing the talls and doesn’t have a small offsider any more. So a combination.

Don’t mind him being quiet if it’s means a dangerous forward in neutralised. Better than Bags?

No not better than Baggs, but they are different so it doesn’t matter.

1 Like

I think you could make a very strong case that he is a considerably better defender than Bags as of right now.

8 Likes

He just kept Eddie Betts… the best small forward in the competition… to 14 disposals and 0 goals 2 behinds with 1 goal assist.

Even if he kicks those goals he has broken even with the best we could’ve hoped for.

Yes. He was better than Baguley.

Of course you could. Baggs is near the end, Saad is still young. But Mark was excellent for the second half of last year and has had a great finish to his career. Adam hasn’t achieved anything yet.
Edit. I think Saad will be great for us and become a vital cog in our defence.

1 Like

Going early: Betts is cooked.

2 Likes

McGrath broke him last year.

11 Likes

Not too fussed about the supposed lack of run he provided. Just having a browse on the Adelaide bigfooty forum and a few werent surprised at how well Saad plays on Betts. Its usually only hidden by the fact they beat gold coast on average by 15 goals :joy:

Great first official game by Saad. Rapt to have him in the red and black!

2 Likes

Thought for sure he has done a calf in the last when he was seen on the ground, holding his calf and had a trainer attending to him.

Luckily it was only cramp.