Efficiency: 100%
Score involvements: 4
Marks: 3
Tackles: 2
Clangers: 1
I50: 1
FK for/against: 0/1

Really liked his game.

How was he at 100% efficiency if he had a clanger?

Free against is a clanger.

nothing to complain about. congrats on the win fuzz head.

I thought he had a pretty good game and certainly adds more versatility to our backline.

Shouldnt be on the list next season

For depth he’d be good next. Depends where woosh sees the list at.

Think he has been great for us. Not sure there’s room for him next year, but you could do a lot worse for backline depth, and he might be much better as a member of a solid defence.

Won’t be surprised if he stays, or goes.

Ha! Some people are funny. Gwilt is a very good footballer and the club are lucky to have him, especially at this time. Has all the qualities you'd expect from a defender and his long penetrating kicks are a weapon. 19 possessions at a disposal efficiency of 89% against the Saints says he's one of the better users of the ball. Hope the bloke is playing for Essendon again next year.

Was this post made in jest?
I’m thankful to him for helping us in our darkest hour but he really is a limited footballer…
Never seen someone get when the ball is in the air more than this guy… His decision making is questionable and he is a seriously slow player now…
Thank him for his services and move him on…

Ha! Some people are funny. Gwilt is a very good footballer and the club are lucky to have him, especially at this time. Has all the qualities you’d expect from a defender and his long penetrating kicks are a weapon. 19 possessions at a disposal efficiency of 89% against the Saints says he’s one of the better users of the ball. Hope the bloke is playing for Essendon again next year.

Have you watched every game this year?If so I question your football judgement. Don’t know about you but I have followed the Bombers for over 35 years and expect success not mediocrity. There are so many positives from this year but some players are not up to it. Hams never drafted, Gwilt let go by St Kilda and McKenna from Ireland. So please use LOLs in context.

It is strange to read the posts that think Gwilt is ok. I question his speed, fitness and skill level. He consistently costs us games. His poor positioning on Membrey last night and his kicking out of defence are two examples. Players like Gwilt, McKenna and Hams might be good blokes but they are not up to required standard in lots of areas such as speed and skill. Endurance can be improved through training but unfortunately speed can't be. If they are so good why are we last on the ladder with them in the side?

I never use this but: LOL. Seriously LOL.

It is strange to read the posts that think Gwilt is ok. I question his speed, fitness and skill level. He consistently costs us games. His poor positioning on Membrey last night and his kicking out of defence are two examples. Players like Gwilt, McKenna and Hams might be good blokes but they are not up to required standard in lots of areas such as speed and skill. Endurance can be improved through training but unfortunately speed can’t be. If they are so good why are we last on the ladder with them in the side?

would be handy playing as the third tall. wouldn’t be opposed to keeping him on the list. he is a poor man’s fletch in that he can play small or tall.

I like Jimmy Gwilt.

Has qwilt everplayed forward?

He has been very good the last two weeks.

His body work on both Sinclair & Naitanui (when forward) in marking contests was excellent; prevented them from flying for marks over the top.

He’s playing better than most and if Fletch is fit I would consider putting the Quilt over another position e.g. Dempsey’s.

Essendon Football Club will officially lodged paperwork on Sunday which will see former St. Kilda defender James Gwilt join the club as a delisted free agent.

An experienced and agile defender Gwilt has agreed to terms with the Bombers as a delisted free agent.

The 28-year-old was recruited to St Kilda with pick 63 in the 2004 National Draft playing 125 games from 2005 – 2014.

List manager Adrian Dodoro said Gwilt would be a valuable addition to the club‘s senior list for the 2015 season.

“We have put an offer to James which he has accepted and we will now formally lodge the paperwork with the AFL,” Dodoro said.

“James has great flexibility having showcased his ability to play on both small and tall forwards during his time at St Kilda. He has proven experience in big games having played well during finals series in his time at the Saints."

“It is exciting that James has agreed to join our club as we believe he can addsome real depth and experience to our list. He is still playing some very good football and we are confident he has a lot to offer our club going forward."

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2014-10-11/gwilt-to-become-a-bomber

Okaaaayyyy.... 

Welcome to the Bombers?

Gwilt to become a Bomber

October 11, 2014 3:44 PM

20141010_gwilt_p.png

Essendon Football Club will officially lodged paperwork on Sunday which will see former St. Kilda defender James Gwilt join the club as a delisted free agent.

An experienced and agile defender Gwilt has agreed to terms with the Bombers as a delisted free agent.

The 28-year-old was recruited to St Kilda with pick 63 in the 2004 National Draft playing 125 games from 2005 – 2014.

List manager Adrian Dodoro said Gwilt would be a valuable addition to the club‘s senior list for the 2015 season.

“We have put an offer to James which he has accepted and we will now formally lodge the paperwork with the AFL,” Dodoro said.

“James has great flexibility having showcased his ability to play on both small and tall forwards during his time at St Kilda. He has proven experience in big games having played well during finals series in his time at the Saints."

“It is exciting that James has agreed to join our club as we believe he can addsome real depth and experience to our list. He is still playing some very good football and we are confident he has a lot to offer our club going forward."

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2014-10-11/gwilt-to-become-a-bomber

Surely not?

Essendon list management team taking the ■■■■.