#43 Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti - WALLA MACCA TIPPA - joining Tiwi Bombers

Hope this kid takes after his Uncle and not his old man.

6 Likes

Francis had a shocker.

What are you doing Walla, you should have thrown your boots at that ■■■■!

2 Likes

The reporting would be far different.
I’m fine with him being the better man.

But probably next time ask the kid if he’s Vlad’s son.

1 Like

Or if he is Jims nephew.

Walla is a fine example to the young indigenous players. I hope he ends up coaching the kids. He has overcome many battles in his life and really does deserve his second chance playing AFL.

8 Likes

And every AFL game he now plays builds his confidence and fitness base. MUST be played at every opportunity, no “rests” in the VFL …. we need prime Tippa to come to the fore.

A firing Tippa is a catalyst for this club unlike any other player on this list. Note: when I say “club”, thats for both players & supporters as a whole, particularly our young supporters. He isn’t “just a player” he is an inspiration to lots of people that to be honest, the likes I haven’t seen since Hird

13 Likes

The son takes after Vlad - AFAIK he has no connection to the club, just grifting to get a potentially valuable souvenir.

1 Like

At the height of the Saga and when Demetriou refused to recuse himself, he made great play of his kids being Bomber supporters, pics of him taking the kids in Bomber colours to our games.

2 Likes

I get it @Albert_Thurgood, but let’s not tar the son with the same brush as the father.

7 Likes

I knew Jim Demetriou when we were kids. Vlad would sit around and sook at the Fish & Chip shop and Jim would be working there. I played footy against him as a junior and he was a fine player, and we were at the game in 1976 at Waverley Park when he broke his leg after tripping on a water sprinkler. He didnt play again after that. I went on a Austrade Trade Mission to China with him years ago, and he is a really nice bloke who does great work for others in many fields. I understood his kids and Vlads kids all followed the Bombers, but who knows.

If your name was Sacha, you would need to know how to fight if you still lived in Pascoe Vale, but I guess Vlad lives in toorak.

4 Likes

yep i recall him stating on radio years ago prior to a north vs essendon game that his son would be supporting essendon

Who cares, they are all scum.

Or, like our parents used to say ‘bring enough for everyone…’

So approx 35,000 pairs of boots.

Also, Durham should’ve given over his boots. I am sure he said he borrowed them from Shiel.

Tippa looked to have a bit of running speed back in his game this week.

8 Likes

6 tackles in the D50 is good ■■■■. It won’t be long before every backman we play against hurries his disposal cause you know … Tippa’s gunna get yuh

4 Likes

I’m honestly surprised at the criticism.
His figures were decent for a small forward, and his touch and stamina are obviously going to improve with more games.
His burst closing speed remains an absolute weapon.

I have no expectations of him at this point, or ceiling for him.
He’s going okay.

28 Likes

Just imagine how good Tippa will be when we play finals after finishing in #3 spot.

Book Mark it.

4 Likes

Walla was good on the weekend, it just can’t be a one off. His performance on the weekend is the minimum required by a player in his position.