#43 Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti - WALLA MACCA TIPPA - till 2022

Impossible to say.
Hibberd might have got dented, scratched, a bird could have shat on him, who knows?

What I do know is that Tippa wouldn’t be playing AFL if Essendon hadn’t invested so heavily in the guy, and that’s the story. Not the drug bans.

Devils advocate. Tippa has clearly proved himself as best 22 next year. But would he have had the opportunity to play every single game if the 12 were playing?

Goodonya Tippa, not only knocked him for six, (I was there , was awesome) also made him a ■■■■■■■■ on giving his opinion on something he knows nothing about.

(probably to busy looking at his bank account to be bothered knowing the fact the he was drafted prior).

Well, he was rookied, and if Jobe, Hibberd, Colyer, Stanton, Howlett, Hocking, Myers etc had been available, would Tippa have been given the chances he has?

Jeez…some…sorry…most of you are so sensitive.

The only reason he is playing is because of the Bombers’ drug bans. To think we may not have ever got the chance to see what he can do at AFL.

Fk off danger. you realise we drafted him BEFORE the bans, dont you?

There's an article in the Herald Sun where Patrick Dangerfield talks about the most 'fascinating' players at each club. Bit of a lame idea for an article but I got a laugh when he referenced Tippa knocking him into next week in that pre-season game haha

ANTHONY McDONALD-TIPUNGWUTI — “Such an amazing story. The only reason he is playing is because of the Bombers’ drug bans. To think we may not have ever got the chance to see what he can do at AFL. He nearly killed me when he we played in Shepparton in the pre-season, I have never been hit so hard. He’s built like a brick wall but still runs really well and is their chief generator off half-back.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/expert-opinion/patrick-dangerfield-names-the-most-fascinating-player-at-your-afl-club/news-story/b20b642a1c316dcf1d75fa1ecf9dfedb

If he actually said that, he’s not only a dickhed I’m glad never darkened our doorstep, but he can also go & get fkd into the bargain for putting it like that.

There’s an article in the Herald Sun where Patrick Dangerfield talks about the most ‘fascinating’ players at each club. Bit of a lame idea for an article but I got a laugh when he referenced Tippa knocking him into next week in that pre-season game haha

ANTHONY McDONALD-TIPUNGWUTI — “Such an amazing story. The only reason he is playing is because of the Bombers’ drug bans. To think we may not have ever got the chance to see what he can do at AFL. He nearly killed me when he we played in Shepparton in the pre-season, I have never been hit so hard. He’s built like a brick wall but still runs really well and is their chief generator off half-back.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/expert-opinion/patrick-dangerfield-names-the-most-fascinating-player-at-your-afl-club/news-story/b20b642a1c316dcf1d75fa1ecf9dfedb

We need a few more TIPPA 's. One on hbf, one on wing and one forward.

He near runs it to our forward 50 every game anyway. Just a matter of time before he kicks goal of the year from half back

Can't help but think he is going to be a level better again next year.

Could use some more endurance (or a bit more footy nous to work out when to expend the energy he does have). Could use a bit more belief in his ability to win games off his own boot. Could use another pre-season with the lads just working out exactly what each other is going to do.

I know this year has been a massive step up for him. Reckon he can step up again in 2017.

Just aslong as we don’t coach the natural instinct out of his game with structures, ‘playing percentages’ & set plays. Imo that was one thing that destroyed Leroy Jetta’s football.

Obviously Tippa is more of a complete package than Jetta with his work rate and his ability to win the contested footy. But I trust Worsfold has more of an understanding of this aspect of coaching, as opposed to Matthew Knights.

Jetta was fine under Knights and developing well. It was under Hird his development stalled. In Knight’s last year Jetta hit career high average disposals, tackles and marks, aged 22. Every season under Hird his average disposal count reduced.

?? He had 2 blinders in his last 2 games of the year when he was out of contract and was caca before then.

Whilst I’d accept he probably got less disposals under Hird (won’t bother checking) he was a far better player in 2011/12 than at any other time in his career.

Leroy’s game vs Footscray, I think the last game Knights coached, was legit. He was awesome, because yes, he was out of contract.

His first season under Sheedy, he looked like an absolute gun. Sheed’s backed his natural ability.

I remember his first or second game. He gathered the ball at half back, ran the length of ground taking bounces. Ignored Hird, who was standing by himself in the goal square and kick the goal from the pocket. We never seen that again after Sheedy left. He wouldn’t even even back himself to take a shot from 20 meters out in front of goal.

First half of 2012 was the best footy Leroy ever played.

Actually, the first half of 2012 was the best footy quite a lot of guys ever played…

Best not to think about that.

Could use some more endurance (or a bit more footy nous to work out when to expend the energy he does have). Could use a bit more belief in his ability to win games off his own boot. Could use another pre-season with the lads just working out exactly what each other is going to do.

I know this year has been a massive step up for him. Reckon he can step up again in 2017.

Just aslong as we don’t coach the natural instinct out of his game with structures, ‘playing percentages’ & set plays. Imo that was one thing that destroyed Leroy Jetta’s football.

Obviously Tippa is more of a complete package than Jetta with his work rate and his ability to win the contested footy. But I trust Worsfold has more of an understanding of this aspect of coaching, as opposed to Matthew Knights.

Jetta was fine under Knights and developing well. It was under Hird his development stalled. In Knight’s last year Jetta hit career high average disposals, tackles and marks, aged 22. Every season under Hird his average disposal count reduced.

?? He had 2 blinders in his last 2 games of the year when he was out of contract and was caca before then.

Whilst I’d accept he probably got less disposals under Hird (won’t bother checking) he was a far better player in 2011/12 than at any other time in his career.

Showed a lot up there, and it was a lot of fun.

Man tippas the best top up ever.
He's not a top u.....ahhhh, I see what you did there.

Not going to fall for that 'ol chestnut again.

Occasionally i still get a flash of panic imagining him at another club, when we only secured him with our 2nd rookie pick.
Can you imagine how insufferable certain people would have been? :*

Insufferable, but suffering!

Man tippas the best top up ever.

Is exactly what our midfield needs, speed and toughness!! Why isn't he there?

He’s able to get a fraction more of a breather playing defense. I think they’d worry he’d blow up too quickly playing midfield.

Mercs had a questionable tank, but still spent time through there. Can’t see why Tippa can’t spend 5-10 minutes a quarter there. Or even just goes to centre bounces before reverting to HBF afterwards…

From the HS:

SuperFooty Podcast Round 16 Review: Is Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti the find of the season and are the Roos cooked?

Herald Sun
July 11, 2016 4:01pm

HE’S one of the most exciting players in the game and the SuperFooty Podcast boys are wondering if Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti is the find of the season.

Sam Edmund says ‘Walla’, as he is affectionately known, is among the best value for money players in the AFL.

With Michael Warner on holidays, Gilbert Gardiner joined Huddo and Sam in the SuperFooty Pod bunker and said he likes Matty Wright, who left Adelaide for Carlton.

“But Walla, I’m a big fan of him,” Gil said.

“I think he showed on the weekend, he’s versatile, he’s playing this half-back role and all of a sudden he goes up forward and gives them a spark there as well. Lock him in for three years (at Essendon).”

Best value? He’s ours dickheads.