#43 Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti - WALLA MACCA TIPPA - till 2022

From the HS:

SuperFooty Podcast Round 16 Review: Is Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti the find of the season and are the Roos cooked?

Herald Sun
July 11, 2016 4:01pm

HE’S one of the most exciting players in the game and the SuperFooty Podcast boys are wondering if Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti is the find of the season.

Sam Edmund says ‘Walla’, as he is affectionately known, is among the best value for money players in the AFL.

With Michael Warner on holidays, Gilbert Gardiner joined Huddo and Sam in the SuperFooty Pod bunker and said he likes Matty Wright, who left Adelaide for Carlton.

“But Walla, I’m a big fan of him,” Gil said.

“I think he showed on the weekend, he’s versatile, he’s playing this half-back role and all of a sudden he goes up forward and gives them a spark there as well. Lock him in for three years (at Essendon).”

Man tippas the best top up ever.

That’s crazy talk. It’s Mitchell Hartlett

We did learn something new about Tippa. He can kick the ball 60-70 metres, (at Etihad, roof closed )
Not bad for a little guy.

Occasionally i still get a flash of panic imagining him at another club, when we only secured him with our 2nd rookie pick.
Can you imagine how insufferable certain people would have been? :*

Occasionally i still get a flash of panic imagining him at another club, when we only secured him with our 2nd rookie pick.

Tippa = hitting guys lace out through the eye of a needle over 40

Goddard = misses him by hand over 2

Well whaddya expect from a middle-aged white man?

Serious question, and probably needs more of a sample size to be fair - is he in the top 10 kicks in the entire AFL?

It is a very fair question - and over 30-40 metres you would have to suggest it’s a ‘yes’.

Agreed.

Sensational. He is magic.

miss ellie
May 14
My new name for TippaWalla, Mr Magic.

:slight_smile:

Confirmed. Cannot be disputed now.

TIPPA. BELIEVE.

He can definately play…and he is ours.

Is exactly what our midfield needs, speed and toughness!! Why isn't he there?

He’s able to get a fraction more of a breather playing defense. I think they’d worry he’d blow up too quickly playing midfield.

5 minutes a qtr wouldn’t hurt. Might show him how much work he needs to do in the offseason on his fitness. I want him ready to play midfield next year.

Edit: Plus that 5 minutes a qtr could turn a few games this year.

Watching Walla and Parish develop, and also seeing young Francis show glimses of the player he will be (played limited minutes but looked a class above VFL footy) is what will get me through this year. We have a pretty unique talent on our hands with Walla.

So we can use the term… They did a BJ?

That gif just pushed me over my mobile data cap. It was worth it.

Barely got drafted.

Unbelievable.

Start him at FF for dream time game, when he bangs through his 5th of the quarter the place will explode

If he did a war dance I would fkg love it. Or go Nicky Winmar stylez

Start him at FF for dream time game, when he bangs through his 5th of the quarter the place will explode

Was selling candy all day

That moment when he sold candy to his own team mate was awesome!

Was selling candy all day