#45 Conor McKenna - the first six years

Going to Brisbane to be closer to home.

26 Likes

Give him 1 BILLION dollars.

1 Like

We will pay him, he is too damn good.

1 Like

It has taken me until this round (From about round 6 or 7) to admit that he is a vital cog in the backline, and provides some great run, excitement and line breaking speed.
I don’t mind the occasional fk up now as it is substantially less than before and his positives now completely outweigh the negatives.

Well done Conor, i didn’t think you were going to be able to do it. Sorry i bagged the sht out of you for about 2 months.

3 Likes

Besides the blitz rumours that he’s unsettled, I’ve heard from other sources that he’s not overly passionate about the game and sees the whole thing as a bit of a slog.

This sentiment feels confirmed in some of his post match interviews when he says, albeit facetiously, that Gaelic is better than AFL and I’ll probably just go home if it doesn’t work out.

But I was heartened as f### to see that celebration after goal of the season. That is a man who is enjoying his footy and not ready to pack it in.

8 Likes

The fact he has now established himself in senior side and not dropping out probably ever should have him pretty happy about footy.

His next contract will be huge and relative to him working a normal job back in Ireland and playing Gaelic he’d be mad to go back at present.

Starting to back himself in more and more as evident by getting fwd off his man and kicking goals of late

2 Likes

Never thought I’d see the day where I’m actually starting to think we are fkd if he leaves. We are. He has what no one else offers out of the backline

8 Likes

Cost him a fortune in sunscreen

4 Likes

To this point it’s been all slog and little reward. Let’s see how he feels once contracts worth half a mil p.a. get put in front of him.

He came here because he wanted to have a crack at going Pro. Well he’s achieved that and he’s yet to turn 22. I simply can’t believe for a second that he is not going to now cash in on the fruits of his labour.

Had he not locked away a senior role yet maybe the story would be differen but the fact is he has.

Let’s revisit this conversation when he is 27 or so in 5 years time.

2 Likes

That goal he kicked came at a time when we badly needed a spark. Sometimes the modern players gets so bogged down in structures, etc they don’t play in instinct. Connor and Walla are the two that seem to have that ability to just wing it. Their unpredictability can cause chaos for the opposition out there. When he pins the ears back and really goes for it, Irish can be devestating. He will make the odd blue but the good far outweighs the bad, and I haven’t seen him exposed defensively too much this year at all.

9 Likes

goes ‘oh ■■■■ should’ve got ok at soccer so i can get that in a month’

1 Like

2 Likes

If it can’t be fixed with a minor change burn it to the ground and start again.
For the likes of Casboult the best thing for his kicking would be to get amnesia and have to relearn how to do it

1 Like

Life time supply of potatoes plus 450k and 3 years should do it.

So an Irishman and a Canadian walked into a bar. An Aussie tried to get in too but got put on his ■■■■ by the Canadian, there might’ve been a fistpump and all hilarity ensued.

Only one Connor McKenna…

Forgot to add subtitles.

Hope he knocks out that punk Mayweather

3 Likes

Starting to get TIPPA-like crowd reaction when he gets the ball…

8 Likes

I didn’t see it in him last year and early this year. I was wrong

1 Like