#46 Mitch Hibberd - big-bodied midfielder

He reminds me a bit of Myers (seriously).

1 Like

Heā€™s a street ahead of Guelfi IMO, and people seem happy with him on here.

3 Likes

Orā€¦

Heā€™s better than you rate him.

A shrewd pick up. Will add plenty to our midfield rotations. Got speed, size and great foot and aerial skills as well. There is a lot to like here, and even more to work with.

6 Likes

Myers if his injuries hadnā€™t slowed him down so damned much.

Injuries have hurt him previously but he looks like someone that could have a quick impact if needed.

So weā€™ve address our midfield stocks by picking up a big-bodied mid whose main weakness is his contested ball-winning and his body size???

:face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::thinking::thinking::thinking:

The last M Hibberd Jackets plucked from the VFL carved out a good career for himself. Look forward to Mitch doing the same.

11 Likes

I know right? Itā€™s like dodoro mixed the numbers around.

1 Like

Well obviously he has addressed his weaknesses since getting delisted, will help the VFL midfield and be a sneaky chance for a game if injuries occur.

North dumped him

Thatā€™s not a knock, itā€™s a lifeline to save your career.

10 Likes

Norf dropped our womenā€™s B&F and VFLW team-of-the-year player too.

6 Likes

And runs all day. But doesnā€™t help our area of need, which is a big strong inside mid, and wasnā€™t a standout player at VFL level. A downgraded Cutler who tackles really.

Just donā€™t understand our midfield choices.

Thatā€™s a 2015 profile.

He perhaps didnā€™t have the appetite for contest and confidence in his body back then when drafted. Skinny HBF. Seems very different now based on Collins comments on him.

How does he make VFL team of the year then?

12 Likes

Who knows. But I do know our VFL setup didnā€™t consider him as a danger. Thought he was very little threat. And if our VFL mids had no concern about him, that concerns me

1 Like

Oh, that makes sense then.

Not as outside as I used to think he was, his season at Willy showed he knows how to use his size. He may not be a natural clearance type but he has developed a good balance to his game in the last 12-18 months.

1 Like

He did tear us up at least once this season

He plays rnd 1 imo we can then move Langford to the fwd half where heā€™s best suited

2 Likes