#46 Tom “Tuth Jok Jok” Jok - you’re cut

These lads of Sudanese background are perfectly suited to AFL. As their numbers grow they will add a new dimension to the game. It’s brilliant. This kid must have something given his rise from the ammos to Friday night against Collingwood. Great story and hopefully more to come.

8 Likes

This is a very good call. Baby steps.

3 Likes

I’m already disappointed in his game.

14 Likes

Has his kicking improved? Last time I saw him (early season), his kicking was diabolical.

Seems to have good vision, and delivers incisive handpassing. OK by foot in the games I have seen.

PS. I agree with KM on this one

5 Likes

Does this guy have a nickname?

Strappy*

*may not be true

2 Likes

Jokky ?

46. Tom Jok

Stats: 18 disposals, four marks, two inside 50s

From the coach: ‘Jokky’ played in that outside role and helped us out in the ruck a bit as well. I thought some of his running and transition work was good. It’s not easy playing on that fat-side role, but he had 18 possessions and a couple of inside 50s. He gave us some run and got out of the stoppages, and was also good defensively when we needed him

3 Likes

You can’t handle the Tuth

4 Likes

Interesting. “Jokky” seems destined to play “the fat side” role on Friday Night. Given that Ham played that role in the last game, will Ham lose his spot?

Yes and no.

For overhead contests that extra little bit (on average) of limb length - and hence reach - is a good thing.

But I don’t think the super long legs (and torso all the way up there) type frame help with centre of gravity and hence ability to get down to a ground ball, which is a disadvantage for a small/running player.

And not a given that he’ll get the body strength to compete strongly one on one - for a 22yo - he’s very, very thin.

1 Like

That’s boring.

I’m calling him Wisdom. As in Wisdom Tuth.

3 Likes

Nah, coming in for Zak’s.

1 Like

Given that his real name is Tuth, I assume Tom is his nickname.

2 Likes

You could say those things about anyone really.

Given the way the game is being directed, the ball doesn’t spend nearly as much time on the ground as it used to. Players who are skilled, fast off the mark, with high endurance and who can keep their feet seem well suited to the way the game is heading. From what we’ve seen from the admittedly small sample group so far, the boys with Tok’s background appear to be suited to it. Only my opinion of course. Time will ultimately tell.

You must be joking…

2 Likes

This will be Essendon fans after Tuth kicks the winning goal.

3 Likes

He is a decent kick and a very good mark, but often takes the wrong option in delivery. He also has decent handball delivery.

1 Like

Needs a better nickname, something suited to footy locker room humour?

How about 'Strap