#47 James Kelly - #BackIn

Absolutely pointless keeping Kelly now.

Been great for the club & played some good footy, but we’ve got enough experience coming back in & he has served his purpose. If this year taught us anything it’s you never know what young talent is on your list until you give them a decent crack at it.

If Hams or even Kommer get squeezed out for a 33 year old i will be ■■■■■■.

Those two guys’ positions won’t be dictated by whether Kelly plays on or not, but even if someone did get “squeezed out” by keeping Kelly then it shows they weren’t good enough anyway.

Understand that but it’s not really my point.

My point is that some kid in the VFL or from the upcoming draft will have one less chance to prove himself. Hate to rain on everyone’s parade but we are not in a premiership window, i think we can push for a top six spot but ultimately we are 3-4 years away. Right when Kelly will be leaving.

With all the work that was achieved last year with our young guys we should build on that. Get as many kids in as possible until we are in the “premiership window”.

Let’s be honest, Fantasia & Tippa had shown a bit at VFL level, but it wasn’t until they got GIFTED senior spots last year & had continuous games in the ones that they started to develop & flourish. Now they will be in our best side. We really should not be recruiting guys over 25-26 as they won’t be in our next premiership side. It just hampers the development of our younger players.

Been great for the club & played some good footy, but we’ve got enough experience coming back in & he has served his purpose. If this year taught us anything it’s you never know what young talent is on your list until you give them a decent crack at it.

Those two guys’ positions won’t be dictated by whether Kelly plays on or not, but even if someone did get “squeezed out” by keeping Kelly then it shows they weren’t good enough anyway.

My point is that some kid in the VFL or from the upcoming draft will have one less chance to prove himself. Hate to rain on everyone’s parade but we are not in a premiership window, i think we can push for a top six spot but ultimately we are 3-4 years away. Right when Kelly will be leaving.

With all the work that was achieved last year with our young guys we should build on that. Get as many kids in as possible until we are in the “premiership window”.

Let’s be honest, Fantasia & Tippa had shown a bit at VFL level, but it wasn’t until they got GIFTED senior spots last year & had continuous games in the ones that they started to develop & flourish. Now they will be in our best side. We really should not be recruiting guys over 25-26 as they won’t be in our next premiership side. It just hampers the development of our younger players.

Newsflash, our next premiership year is 2017.

I’m pretty sure the decision to keep Kelly would largely be based in the fact that players who have had time to show enough have not and are being moved on. They’ve found a slot for him that is not sacrificing anyone worthy. The development potential of younger players and on-field leadership greatly outweighs one dude missing out who hasn’t shown enough to hold their spot anyway.

The Bulldogs weren’t in their premiership window in 2016…

Do not put your house on that.

Do not put your house on that.

Take it to the bank instead

Get ready to be ■■■■■■.

Kelly is best 22 and will be for more than just next year IMO

The point is, we are going all out for a flag over next 2yrs
. Neither Hams or Kommer are going to be able to help that happen during that time nor in the future.

??

Does Woosha know this?

Get ready to be ■■■■■■.

. Neither Hams or Kommer are going to be able to help that happen during that time nor in the future.

??

Does Woosha know this?

FMD. I hope not. Richmond MkII if so. While we are at it let’s go and get Jay Schulz and Nick Dal Santo to give Jobey and Stants one last chance at ‘snatching a flag.’ FFS.

We should be making list decision based on aiming to build around- Hepp, Zac, Joe, Darcy, Lav, Lang, Francis, Fanta, Zaka, Redman, Tippa, Harts, Colyer, Myers, Pick 1, Pick 20 as well as Hurls and Hooker who will hopefully be in the twilight of their career and still firing ala Dale Morris, Brian Lake.
Not short sighted delusions of grandeur.

Get ready to be ■■■■■■.

??

Does Woosha know this?

I’d expect since apparently our pitch to JOM was that we have a top 6 worthy list that he does and they think we are a chance in '17/'18

If they didn’t Kelly definitely wouldn’t be playing on and neither probably would Jobe.

I think re-drafting Kelly is a mistake because he is 33 years old and we should be drafting from the national draft we will miss out on drafting players like Ben Long AHeppell &NHolmes,KKirby in the Bulldogs premiership side they did not draft 33 old players from last year draft we are not in a premiership window we have to think of long-term not for a short term gain

http://imgur.com/mFqvJus

It seems from this instruction sheet that only women have opinions…

Or else BB Member danger is a woman…

I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but men actually have anuses too. They even work the same way.

Kommer over kelly. LOL

As for ‘experience coming back in’, none of the returning players have played in a single winning final.

Kommer over kelly. LOL

As for ‘experience coming back in’, none of the returning players have played in a single winning final.

Watson and Stanton have

Kommer over kelly. LOL

Watson and Stanton have

Would they even remember?!

Get ready to be ■■■■■■.

??

Does Woosha know this?

I’d expect since apparently our pitch to JOM was that we have a top 6 worthy list that he does and they think we are a chance in '17/'18

If they didn’t Kelly definitely wouldn’t be playing on and neither probably would Jobe.

I think we are well poised to climb the ladder and that should be our goal with the good crop of kids we have.

The idea I got from that post though was that we want to win the flag in 2017 or 2018 with Jobe Stanton Goddard Hocking etc. to me unfortunately these guys will have to spend the twilight of their careers nurturing more kids (unless we pull a WBulldogs in 2018 which I give a < 5% chance)

Also I think the “Kommer over Kelly” call was more of a “making the point” statement from Certs about how much we (don’t) need Kelly rather than actually wanting to keep Kommer. I actually agree with it.

Glad that he's back in.

I mean, sure, he’s good at footy and all.

But that reaction when they all took the ■■■■ out of Darcy? That alone deserves a contract.

You mean this one?

http://i.imgur.com/KgAQrbt.gif

He’s having a ball.

Get ready to be ■■■■■■.

??

Does Woosha know this?

I think we are well poised to climb the ladder and that should be our goal with the good crop of kids we have.

The idea I got from that post though was that we want to win the flag in 2017 or 2018 with Jobe Stanton Goddard Hocking etc. to me unfortunately these guys will have to spend the twilight of their careers nurturing more kids (unless we pull a WBulldogs in 2018 which I give a < 5% chance)

I’m in lid off mode.

You only need to look at people’s best 22’s and the the quality of players who aren’t being picked to see we have a very capable list.

And this is before trade/draft period which could see us add another 1-2 players who would command an immediate starting spot.

Then there is how driven the group will be post what’s happened. We saw the juggernaut in 2000 of redemption.

Welcome aboard! Whilst I may not agree with the club’s decision on this one, I’ll certainly be getting around the bloke next year. Maybe let’s chill with the whole ‘equal second in the B&F!’ thing as a compelling reason as to why he should be playing on, though.

We finished bottom of the ladder and had most of our best players unavailable due to suspension - heck, our vice captain was injured for most of the year as well. Yes, Kelly had a solid season and is clearly well-liked by the playing group but his placing in the Crichton medal isn’t particularly staggering or relevant, IMO.

Boomer finished top 5 at a club that made finals and Enright finished top 3 (and was AA) in a top 4 side that was right in the mix to win the flag. Neither are playing on next year and as much as I like Kelly, I’m just concerned that we’re making a short-sighted decision by keeping him on.

I wasn’t voting that we keep Kommer, Hams, Dempsey, Edwards, Cooney, etc either by the way - I think that we as a club need to be tougher with list-management decisions in general.

All of that said, I love the way Kelly plays footy - he also seems like a cracking bloke, he can slot straight into Hibberd’s role and I wish him all the luck for next year.

I think re-drafting Kelly is a mistake because he is 33 years old and we should be drafting from the national draft we will miss out on drafting players like Ben Long AHeppell &NHolmes,KKirby in the Bulldogs premiership side they did not draft 33 old players from last year draft we are not in a premiership window we have to think of long-term not for a short term gain

http://imgur.com/mFqvJus

It seems from this instruction sheet that only women have opinions…

Or else BB Member danger is a woman…

You’re looking too closely.

Glad that he's back in.

I mean, sure, he’s good at footy and all.

But that reaction when they all took the ■■■■ out of Darcy? That alone deserves a contract.

You mean this one?

http://i.imgur.com/KgAQrbt.gif

He’s having a ball.

Can’t remember what happened here with Parish…
What was the go?