#47 James Kelly - #BackIn

Think it was after his Rising Star nomination & he started giving a thank you speech

Anyone got a link to the full bombertv of that kelly going wild at Darcy gif?

“LOL Geelong”. Yeah I’m sure they’re lying awake at night as we recruit their elderly and they continue to make finals.

"LOL Geelong". Yeah I'm sure they're lying awake at night as we recruit their elderly and they continue to make finals.

I agree that the LOL Geelong quip is abit rich but look at the top ten of their B&F. They have their own problems with their youngsters not coming on as they hoped.

1. Patrick Dangerfield – 253 GUN
  2. Joel Selwood – 238 Gun
  3. Corey Enright – 234.5 Gone
  4. Cameron Guthrie – 229
  5. Harry Taylor – 214 going
  6. Mark Blicavs – 201
  7. Tom Hawkins – 196 crossroads
  8. Mitch Duncan – 190
  9. Tom Lonergan – 173.5 going
  10. Zac Smith – 172.5

The inconsistency of Guthrie (who has massive potential IMV but his year was hardly top4 B&F quality…), blicavs and Duncan speaks volumes.

They couldn’t settle on bews or ruggles at half back to replace Kelly and neither are assured to be the answer, hence them chasing Touhy.

In terms of unearthing quality youngsters this year, we were ahead of the cats IMO

"LOL Geelong". Yeah I'm sure they're lying awake at night as we recruit their elderly and they continue to make finals.

Make and win finals.

At the risk of getting sidetracked in the Kelly thread, I reckon Cam Guthrie is highly underrated in the football world - very good player, IMO.

I agree that the LOL Geelong quip is abit rich but look at the top ten of their B&F. They have their own problems with their youngsters not coming on as they hoped.

1. Patrick Dangerfield – 253 GUN
  2. Joel Selwood – 238 Gun
  3. Corey Enright – 234.5 Gone
  4. Cameron Guthrie – 229
  5. Harry Taylor – 214 going
  6. Mark Blicavs – 201
  7. Tom Hawkins – 196 crossroads
  8. Mitch Duncan – 190
  9. Tom Lonergan – 173.5 going
  10. Zac Smith – 172.5

The inconsistency of Guthrie (who has massive potential IMV but his year was hardly top4 B&F quality…), blicavs and Duncan speaks volumes.

They couldn’t settle on bews or ruggles at half back to replace Kelly and neither are assured to be the answer, hence them chasing Touhy.

In terms of unearthing quality youngsters this year, we were ahead of the cats IMO

They’re a 2 man band at the moment with not much coming through. They’ll probably continue to top up with average players to fill gaps while danger and sellwood are still playing at this very high level and then they’ll fall off the cliff

Lol Richmond/dea - they just got Prestia.
I’m assuming he’s good.

It was mostly to make it match the Dea thread but I get your point. Even if they could’ve used him in their final loss.

At some point geelong is going to hit rock bottom and someone will finally ask Chris Scott “do you actually know what you’re doing?”

Then he’ll give a blank stare that will rival Knights.

Six years after winning their last premiership, they haven’t hit rock bottom and are still making it into the second week of finals.
Where were we six years after our last premiership?

Geelong will be fine. They’ll find a way to hang around and be competitive.

Six years after winning their last premiership, they haven't hit rock bottom and are still making it into the second week of finals. Where were we six years after our last premiership?

Not if they keep topping up and not going to the draft. They have no early pick this year and no first rounder next year

I think re-drafting Kelly is a mistake because he is 33 years old and we should be drafting from the national draft we will miss out on drafting players like Ben Long AHeppell &NHolmes,KKirby in the Bulldogs premiership side they did not draft 33 old players from last year draft we are not in a premiership window we have to think of long-term not for a short term gain

http://imgur.com/mFqvJus

It seems from this instruction sheet that only women have opinions…

Or else BB Member danger is a woman…

I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but men actually have anuses too. They even work the same way.
You'd know all about anuses, given your handle. But you obviously haven't noticed that men don't actually have vaginas…
Six years after winning their last premiership, they haven't hit rock bottom and are still making it into the second week of finals. Where were we six years after our last premiership?

Nah they are doing an Essendon after 2000, difference is we go Murphy and they got Dangerfield. They offloaded all their future for Danger in about another year maybe two they will crash hard!

Essendon did that for 6 years after 2000.

Essendon did that for 6 years after 2000.

We weren’t competitive in 05/06.

Geelong topped up with Dangerfield.

We topped up with Mark Alvey.

Hahahaha

Hahahaha

[FAX MACHINE]

I forget sometimes just how nightmarish 03-07 actually was. And then someone brings up a player I’d forgotten about (Alvey) and the memories start flooding back.