#47 Jye Menzie - till 2024

I think Blitz putting too much weight on two games where we had limited forward entries, both away, where most of the small & medium forwards (other than Langford) sucked, may be a little silly. There are reasons to doubt Menzie. But on his body of work year-to-date there are also a number of positives. If we’re going to pot him, makes more sense to do it when his performance is atypical of what the forwards in general are doing, rather than the same.

Absolutely. There are things to like about him and things to doubt about him.

On goal output he’s clearly behind. But Waterman’s issues weren’t goals, as he had a pretty good league average in that area. On pure goals performance, he’d still be playing AFL.

What Menzie has is far more pressure, and he’s more of a true crumbing small than Waterman who was more lead & mark.

That’s white

This is the forever yoyo that is the footy supporter.

Keen to see how he goes against lower ranked teams. Played against some serious competition in recent weeks.

2 Likes

Stepped up today 2.1

10 Likes

He can play.

5 Likes

Good to see him take his chances tonight

3 Likes

Was good tonight

4 Likes

Did his bit, 2 goals and 4 tackles.

2 Likes

Fair 100m sprint for that last quarter goal

13 Likes

Your boy was alright tonight.

4 Likes

Thank heavens.

seems to find the right spots in key moments - absolutely persist

2 Likes

I’m not totally convinced, but last night was handy

1 Like

This place can be ridiculously stupid with how quickly we write off players.

He is still very very young into his career, and has arguably shown more then Davey has.

16 Likes

That strong contested mark he took was as unexpected as it was strong. Didnt think he had it in him. Got rewarded.

4 Likes

Certainly can, and not just the young players either.

I think Menzie has some attributes. He isn’t perfect but there is something there to work with for his role.

7 Likes

If umps went to Specsavers it could have easily been 4 goals as he was being held often in front of goal. Also a GOTY contender if it didn’t clip the post on the way through. This kid is going to make it

10 Likes

He’s got some limitations, for sure, but he’s also got one very handy attribute for a forward; even when he’s not playing that well, he manages to hit the scoreboard. Ten goals in nine AFL games so far this season, and he did it in the reserves last year, too. He also shows good intensity in ground-level contests and is equal fourth at EFC for goal assists this season.

He’s 20 years old and has played 11 games. He’s doing a pretty good job, I’d say.

43 Likes

He attacks the ball in the air, been a few times he’s brought the ball to ground when completely outsized.

27 Likes