#49 Matt Dea

Yes, he played against box Hill and was one of our best on the day

I always thought he would be depth. I think Gleeson has been fine and deserving of his spot.
As others have said Dea will get his chance. Fantastic if he has to really earn it as it will likely mean we are going well.
Given we finished last last year you want some of those regulars battling to get into the team this year.

1 Like

It’s almost as if we had 10 senior ready players join our list that meant there was more competition for a spot in the best 22!

6 Likes

Yeah, I just have no idea how guys like Gleeson & McGrath will get games if we have 10 returning players trying to squeeze into that backline of ours!

He’s been emergency every week. Clearly he’s only just getting squeezed out.

I think he will be starting 22 by years end. It will help his cause if Brown can play are more offensive role and be a productive intercept player as the coaches obviosly see this as Gleeson’s strength who I believe Dea is in competition with.

Dea is very adequate depth player that can help with managing players like Mcgrath, replace injuries or to play taller opponents

Dea can replace Bags or Gleeson if their form drops away

Depending on oppositions height like Adelaide next week Dea could be handy addition to play on Lynch or Mcgovern.

Dea is best 22.

As this exception to the rule proves.

4 Likes

Best 25, maybe. At the moment.

2 Likes

Not tall enough for key position

Not quick enough for HBF, small defender.

But can do the job for either as required as a depth option

If he was best 22 would be in team

Would Dea get a game for Richmond?

was ■■■■■■ good last year.

Yup, was very good today.

Morris still gets fcking games for them, so yes.

1 Like

Sacrificed by the coaches playing on Watts who is bigger and stronger.

1 Like

Was v good last night. Read the play well and was clean and quick under pressure - pivotal in starting counterattacks. Stays in.

4 Likes

Yep. Tough, hard at it, keeps his feet, or gets back to them instantly & goes again.

1 Like

BSD spot on. He is an upgrade on Gleeson clearly, i was still shocked as to how he didnt get a start round 1, but surely last night cemented him in.
Hope he takes some confidence out of the game and can keep backing it up. Needs harts to do the same.

Solid game last night.

1 Like

Welcome back, really like him as a player.