#49 Matt Dea

Kersten or Tabener? I forget which one Myers had and which one Dea had.

Me too, Pelican was the catch all

1 Like

I think heā€™s cooked if he gets dropped this week, he has barely played all year and to then get dropped again at this stage of the year would suggest the coaches arenā€™t going with him.

Unfortunately for him, most of the guys likely retiring/delisted are mids or half forwards so we wonā€™t have a dearth of defenders next year.

Can only see him falling further down the pecking order if guys like Francis and Ridley start pushing up, Brown is fit etc.

thats a good name for a catch all.

1 Like

Heā€™s contracted for next year. Kelly may retire, Bags is probably only a season or two away, and McGrath probably goes into the midfield. So there are openings. Of course, Ridley, Redman and (maybe) Morgan and McNeice offer competition.

1 Like

Ah wasnā€™t aware he was contracted for next year, disregard above then.

Surprised we offered 2 years.

Weā€™re going to delist 6 senior list players without trying and possibly 8 or so. Having Dea on the list is not a pressing issue.

3 Likes

Iā€™d be surprised if he didnā€™t play a fair bit if footy next year with McGrath looking to push into the midfield and Kelly retiring. I think he is a really solid player.

9 Likes

I like Dea, thought he had some really great games last year and was very surprised to see him get so little games this year, heā€™s a good age, can provide reliable offence/defence when called and and a good solid build on him. How people forget us laughing at Richmond for us getting a bargain and then a few games of not playing and now we want him delisted. I think heā€™ll get a lot of games next year, especially with Kelly gone and be a good felixible player for us. Then again I didnā€™t think Howlett would keep getting games so who the fck knows.

3 Likes

We are going backwards or have a truckload of injuries if Dea gets many injuries next year - We should be looking for Francis and Ridley to play his role.

Richmond may have won the flag, but LOL at them for passing up on Matty. Their flag will forever be tainted.

2 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: wut?

Donā€™t question the man, heā€™s slagging off Richmond.

2 Likes

I still like him. Bring him in

4 Likes

Maybe a new thread title is in orderā€¦

Hard to LOL @ Richmond when they win the premiership and the player we are LOL at them about isnā€™t even best 22.

5 Likes

They got lucky.

1 Like

Yes they did and like Essendon, Hawthorn and Doggies before them they wonā€™t even make finals this year. You know, good luck to them and their supporters but Iā€™m so sick of seeing Dustyā€™s mug plastered everywhere. Bring on the season ā€¦ 71 days and counting!

No doubt they got lucky. However delisting Dea is hardly lol as he is purely a depth player for us. Weā€™ll need quite a few injuries for him to get a game.

Totally disagree, I reckon heā€™s a big chance to play in the senior side this year

1 Like

We had a very lucky run with injuries in 2017. Dea is just behind our other players. Itā€™s great to be able to call up someone of Deaā€™s caliber, who is borderline 22 rather than dropping a significant amount of talent to cover another player.

1 Like