#49 Matt Dea

Good point

Completely different roles. Dea can play as a lockdown defender whereas Goddard refuses to defend and wants to play the sweeping role as a loose man with zero accountability. Might sound harsh but we have a dozen blokes that can play Goddards role

Not to mention there is no way Goddard would play for a rookie wage.

2 Likes

Or bide his time in the VFL

Very happy!
Matty Dea is the kind of guy you want around the club. He will probably only play 6-10 games next year, but you know whenever he comes in he will work ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  hard, can match up on smalls or talls and always put his head over the ball. If we need to fall back on Matty in finals, you will know what he will deliver.

When he isnā€™t in the ones, he will be a great mentor for the younger guys.

Good decision all round. But, if the club was always going to do this, they should have said Something.

5 Likes

Why?

1 Like

Would be interesting to know if he was given any promises by the club or not.

Exactly. How could we enjoy Darliā€™s meltdown if they told us. :wink:

1 Like

Darliā€™s campaigning against the board right now because they delisted Dea.

3 Likes

So we could telegraph exactly what we were planning to do in the draft to not only supporters but also to all other clubs!

1 Like

Thatā€™s hard to believe considering we have one senior list spot empty and have an extra rookie now. Considering how the list has ended up we could have left him on the main list without affecting anything else

1 Like

Except of course the salary cap.

1 Like

We should be calling this kid ā€œKotterā€
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.

3 Likes

Best pick from the draft in my opinion.

Glad heā€™s going around again.

2 Likes

I wonder if we delisted him thinking another club would offer him a contract as a DFA where he would be a better chance of getting games and then when there were no takers we threw him a lifeline

1 Like

I really like Matt Dea and I thought he was very stiff being delisted but itā€™s a really strange pick imo. Regardless, Iā€™m positive he wonā€™t let us down and will probably play some football next year.

4 Likes

Sheā€™s right, too !

LOL ā€¦ firstly Yay!

Iā€™m not campaigning against anything.

Some things the last 12 months have made me uneasy. The last time I felt like that bad things happened to our footy club.

Then we ran a pretend board election where not only did no one apparently nominate but a guy that should have been running somehow didnā€™t and the Chairman did.
Then we offer up a raft of constitution changes with no real explanation.

I donā€™t like it.

4 Likes

What Does that mean for Zac clarke?

Me. Shut your fkg clams

4 Likes