5 best games / 5 worst games you've been to

Stayed tuned on that one. I got you brah <3

2 Likes

This makes me more inclined to watch the game with you.

1 Like

They were legit kicking them from row 15 that night.

Get absolutely ■■■■■■

1 Like

Geelong
Ablett 13 goals
Salmon on one leg 10

1 Like

Right up there with John Butcher clunking everything against us in late 2011. We ended up winning the game but his usual ■■■■ kicking was straight that day. Might’ve kicked 4-5 that day I think?

Good call!

I was there that Friday night & remembered thinking clearly that things were turning for us & that we could be very good side.

1 Like

THIS - Somerville and his mates were just putrid.
To this day I’m sure we had a bit on it.

How ■■■■ was it watching games at Waverley.

2 Likes

Really ■■■■■■ when you are a short ■■■■.
The Fitzroy EF was also at Waverley wasn’t it?

2 Likes

Wasn’t it ■■■■■■■ down all day too

That Hentschel game wowsers.
Wasn’t it 30.6 or something ridiculous and they kicked 10 or 11 straight in the last quarter. I left at 1/2 time.

1 Like

That was only my 2nd away bombers game.

Yep 30.8

10.1 inthe last

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2006/010520060602.html

I don’t recall - may have been but I was living overseas at the time and it was the first match I had been to in years.

We were hot favourites and played the most uninspiring football I have ever seen.

Made for a ■■■■■■ night out in Melbourne on a rare trip back.

A plethora to choose from. Basically anything on a Sunday at Marvel, or any of our finals ‘performances’.

7 Likes

Sorry, long time lurker and first time post, this topic finally got me in:

Best 5
1984 GF: Singing & dancing in the aisles of the Olympic stand with complete strangers in the last quarter as a 16 year old
1993 PF: Not such a big crowd for a PF but didn’t it sound so loud when we came back from the dead to win it
1985 GF: Champagne football all day - not much else to say
1984 SF: We lost to Hawthorn just, but what a great game of football and after that day I actually believed that we could win the GF for the first time since 1965.
1985 EF: First Finals win in my lifetime & even better over Carlton. I can still see that Bryan Wood handball intercept even now…

Worst 5:
1983 GF: My Dad called in favours & my uncle got us seats in the EFC members allocation on the Southern Stand wing - Barry Davis was a row away. I made my Dad stay until after the final siren. Never forget.
1986 EF: We shouldn’t have lost to Fitzroy but somehow we did - damn you Micky Conlan
1970’s x 100 - Any game at Windy Hill when we got pumped - very hard to turn up to school on Monday with the jumper on.

9 Likes

Easter game against Freo a good 7 or 8 years back. Oh boy.

Nearly broke my hand punching the big metal pylon that divides the GS bay.

4 Likes

Dane Swan has two Anzac medals, Steele has one. There’s 3 games I detested right there.

6 Likes

Surely the Dogs last year is up there.
21 goals to 1 late in the last quarter.
I’ve felt worse after losses but that was the most spineless and worst effort I’ve ever seen by an Essendon team ever

6 Likes

1995 semi final was one of my first really bad footy experiences. Was only 9.

■■■■ off Knights

1 Like

In hindsight, would have been nice if that was the worst thing he did to Essendon.

5 Likes