5 coaches in 10 years, who is our next linear growth coach?

Choco is a fruit loop.

Good guy to have about to gee players up and get people motivated but not for setting up structures and a plan.

1 Like

True but he’s also just gotta say look this is what we did at Collingwood vs what your doing here.

You reckon Sheedy is listening to Noble?

Sheedy needs to retire. For the good of everyone

3 Likes

Yes I’m not a fan.

Sounds exactly what they need tbh.

Maybe a gee up will motive some chasing and tackling? Not sure how many 22 year old kids want to run through a brick wall to get some “learnings”

I’m actually warning to the idea of Choco……maybe it’s as senior assistant?? He’s a smart football person and very tough……he would hold every player accountable

Sheedy is only listening to Sheedy

1 Like

I’d like EFC to strongly consider Brad Scott. Hasn’t been out of the coaching game that long. Would get good insight from his brother Chris on what successful footy programs look like. Given the talent North had they performed quite well.

1 Like

■■■■ off

I think he the only guy with enough ‘Essendon Cred’ to reliably talk back to the establishment with being marginalised immediately. However we get him, we must.

One of the better options. Also has cred at AFL house which could help.

Maybe as head of football?

Probably better as head of football than coach.

No, proper process starts with what the club needs to support a coach, then a new coach if required.

Nah. If you haven’t got the right coach there in the first place no amount of support is going to help.
I’ve seen execs think they could promote people then “mentor them into” the role. Doesn’t work.
No amount of mentoring works with the wrong person.

Maybe just an idea to merge threads Just sayin…!!

@moderators - merge threads from this one we started yesterday?

@Koala
@Riolio
@Mendozaaaa
@theDJR
@saladin

2 Likes

Good idea.

Just go to the other one. This one is dead already; every single post in the other one came after content stopped here.