5 coaches in 10 years, who is our next linear growth coach?

How do you rate our chances of doing that with Sheedy involved (and probably the loudest voice in the room)?

Will be 99.9999% done on gut feel.

1 Like

Ones of the things heā€™s been burned by was the rubber stamping sham process to put Hird in charge. Thereā€™s no way I see him trusting a process at Essendon unless the club has been rebuilt from a personnel perspective and I think the club will want to get the coaching group sorted ASAP.

Agree - Pyke does seem the logical choice if that would be the probable criteria for coach selection in the ā€œproper process.ā€

Personally Iā€™d leave Rutten in the job right now and hire Buckley to do the external review of Essendons footy department.

1. Truck wants the job
  2. Dimma said Ruttens incredible
  3. Buckley knows coaching inside and out and is the most current successful coach available.

If Bucks says Truck isnā€™t up to it. Sack Truck and find another coach but he end of September/start of preseason.(review should be done in the month of September)

If Bucks says Trucks fine, X Y and Z is rooted in your club. Fix those other things.

Thatā€™s what Iā€™d do.

But meh if the same bunch of incompetents just sack truck and hire someone else and leave it at thatā€¦Essendons just gone backwards IMHO.

Personally Iā€™d have a standing external review every year, wether your bottom four or top 4 there is always something to improve upon.

And I wouldnā€™t ask everyone, you ask everyone and you make the wrong decision.

Just get a smart switched on footy operator to check over the club each year.

1 Like

Can you imagine K Sheedy listening to Buckleyā€™s thoughts on anything?

25 years in the AFL, 0 flags

1 Like

Dont understand why anyone would want buckley as Ess coachā€¦ i would love Choco to come back in whatever role he wantsā€¦ if not senior coach, in a support positionā€¦ but he probably hates the club. I dont know why he has been overlooked in the pastā€¦

Choco is a fruit loop.

Good guy to have about to gee players up and get people motivated but not for setting up structures and a plan.

1 Like

True but heā€™s also just gotta say look this is what we did at Collingwood vs what your doing here.

You reckon Sheedy is listening to Noble?

Sheedy needs to retire. For the good of everyone

3 Likes

Yes Iā€™m not a fan.

Sounds exactly what they need tbh.

Maybe a gee up will motive some chasing and tackling? Not sure how many 22 year old kids want to run through a brick wall to get some ā€œlearningsā€

Iā€™m actually warning to the idea of Chocoā€¦ā€¦maybe itā€™s as senior assistant?? Heā€™s a smart football person and very toughā€¦ā€¦he would hold every player accountable

Sheedy is only listening to Sheedy

1 Like

Iā€™d like EFC to strongly consider Brad Scott. Hasnā€™t been out of the coaching game that long. Would get good insight from his brother Chris on what successful footy programs look like. Given the talent North had they performed quite well.

1 Like

ā– ā– ā– ā–  off

I think he the only guy with enough ā€˜Essendon Credā€™ to reliably talk back to the establishment with being marginalised immediately. However we get him, we must.

One of the better options. Also has cred at AFL house which could help.

Maybe as head of football?

Probably better as head of football than coach.

No, proper process starts with what the club needs to support a coach, then a new coach if required.