#5 Elijah Tsatas

Has to have surgery

I always say it the club is farking cursed

2 Likes

Terrible news for the kid, not much you can do considering the nature of the sport

1 Like

“so what’s it like following essendon?”

9 Likes

Can’t believe I forgot to include Essington in my snarky sarcastic comment

1 Like

Essendon’s top draft selection Elijah Tsatas will require surgery on his knee after scans revealed an acute meniscus tear.

“The post operation timeframes will be determined following the surgery but he is a young player with a bright future ahead of him, so whilst this setback is disappointing, we won’t be rushing his return to play. "

See you in 2024 Elijah.

2 Likes

Channel 7 4pm news today reporting he will be out for up to 2 months, considering that is almost 1/3 of season, I suspect he might get some game time in the 2nds, other than being wrapped in cotton for 2024.

Games don’t start for 2 months. Hardly 2/3rd of a season.

23 Likes

The season doesn’t start until March 16.
It’s less than ideal, for sure, but he’s not missing 1/3 of the season if it goes to plan.

This is my bad sorry. I backed him earlier in the week for Rising Star. Ive jinxed him. I shouldve backed a Carlton player :sleepy:

2 Likes

“Welcome to Essendon Elijah Tsatas”

1 Like

Gutted for this young man, and any really in this situation, just starting out on his AFL journey. Hopefully a successful surgery and smooth recovery ahead.

3 Likes

This club is well a truly cursed. Any kid who finds out they’re being drafted to Essendon should immediately opt out of pursuing an AFL career.

I am really gutted for this kid; I was really looking forward to seeing him have a breakout season.

Well that sucks.

1 Like

People can forget about him playing this year the sooner people acept this the better

Add him to the long list of high draft picks being injured in their first year at essendon

LOL

Never change Nino

20 Likes

I’m sure he will be fine in a couple of months when he starts running gradually again.

He was injured last year though playing??

2mth injury = return to play in 2mths

Meaning he will prob be straight line jogging in a few weeks

2 Likes

Are you sure that list is long?

Gumbleton
Reid
Jones

Few more i probably forgot

1 Like

Now try naming the other clubs’ so you get a grip on reality

1 Like