#5 Elijah Tsatas

It’s not really that long, depending on what you consider a high draft pick.

Jones was a pick in the 30’s, and Gumby was 15 years ago.

4 Likes

I Did the same injury ran a marathon 6 months later to the day…

oh and i was double his age!

who would of thought a footballer could get injured…checks other teams and sees wow they get injuries as well!

5 Likes

Too soon, man, too soon.

13 Likes

The pick we got when we traded him, though.

The guy we took with that? That’s too soon.

2 Likes

RIP, see you in 2024.

But will probably play well before Reid does!

Unlucky for Elijah but this is really only a very minor setback.

I still think he’ll get an AFL spot this season, and by the end of it, be a best 22 lock for 2024 onwards.

1 Like

Without checking, I’m pretty sure Parish, McGrath, Cox, Perkins and Hobbs all played 15+ games in their first season. It’s a myth.

2 Likes

Obviously pretty crap circumstances for it to happen in, but it all but forces that he’ll start the year in the VFL…which honestly I think might be best. 4-5 games as a full time mid, find some ball and gain some confidence, then released into the seniors. Best case scenario he’s ahead of schedule in his rehab and he can target the GWS game for a debut.

What do you mean who are the other high draft picks injured in the first year ??

Ah well, that ■■■■■ that

He’s just inventing a narrative in his head again. In the last 10 years, other than Reid and Tsatas, and discounting the common 1-2 week soft tissue injuries, there hasn’t been anyone. Hell, we haven’t even taken that many high picks in that time due to the saga penalties and trading them away.

I’d even give you Francis who had some calf troubles in his first year. There sure as hell isn’t a ‘long list’

2 Likes

Any other club yes, it’s Essendon reporting timelines here I’ve learnt from the past

Johns

:wink: Just wanted @Finding_Nino to answer, so much panic :laughing:

He said high draft picks

1 Like

Not the worst outcome. Should play plenty of footy this season still.

Not time to panic yet.
I mean…
He’s yet to return early, re-injure the knee and need an amputation.

1 Like

He was the Messiah

or this

2 Likes

Yes, and WTF didn’t you get another passenger than Hurls that night?

1 Like